HELP! (Spark Arrestor question)

3 replies to this topic
  • Stefe9999

Posted August 29, 2001 - 12:20 PM

I can't find the stamping that says usfs approved on a 2000 stock WR426 pipe. Can someone please tell me where they find the marking on their pipe? It is not anywhere in all the stamping on the wheel side of the muffler, where all the other writing is.

Thanks,
Steve

• BigDog

Posted August 29, 2001 - 01:54 PM

Sold my stock pipe so I can't check that. But I think it was on the end cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Terry_in_Reno

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:38 AM

The stock WR silencer is not stamped USFS. The stamp on the stocker is a DOT EPA stamp which meets the 82dB requirement. Also, on the end of the spark arrestor section, there is a stamp which read "screen type". This is what makes the silencer a spark arrester. As long as the stocker is used in the original form (uncorked is ok) then the unit is a spark arrestor.

Now, getting an ignorant ranger to understand might be an exercise.

Terry

• big_G

Posted August 30, 2001 - 11:18 AM

Never even though to look but couldn't find anything on mine either?!?! All I found was what looks like the yamaha part number (EP5-something...). I do remember rangers always wanting too see the stamp in the past though. Hmmm, probably not a big deal, its not like you can't see the screen in the pipe. Can't imagine the ranger needing a coat hanger to see that!!! Anyway, mines a stocker still (sad face), they still stamp aftermarket stuff don't they?? I don't really care about the noise, I just want to smile when the cops are inspecting the bike, I just love that feeling...later, Gary

------------------
'99 WR400 with CA plates...ooooh yeah!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.