Header Pipe

2 replies to this topic
  • THEHERDER

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:33 AM

I dented up my header pipe real bad on my 04wr450f. I thought since everyone puts on new exhaust systems ebay and/or the classified section on this sight would be filled with my part. This is not the case, so, does anyone have the header pipe for sale on a 03 - 05 wr450f or 03 - 05 yz450f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:04 AM

There are two things you can try, and you'll find more about this problem by searching on the subject.

One is to cork up the ends of the header, with the plug on one end having a small hole in it. Heat the dented area and apply air pressure (carefully) to the pipe to "re-inflate" it.

Another even cuter method involves much simpler equipment. Plug the header and fill it about 1/2 to 2/3 full of water. Set it in your freezer in such a position that the dented spot is filled with water and let it freeze. The water will expand as it freezes and push the dent at least part way out. If it doesn't do the whole job the first time, repeat as needed.

• 450GN

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:24 AM

well if the water doesnt solve your issue...

i have a header pipe with absolutly no dents or anything... i purchased a full GYT-R titanium system so this stock piece isnt required

email me at
hillerp2@yahoo.com

make me an reasonable offer and it shouldnt be refused
thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.