Header Pipe

13 replies to this topic
  • THEHERDER

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:33 AM

I dented up my header pipe real bad on my 04wr450f. I thought since everyone puts on new exhaust systems ebay and/or the classified section on this sight would be filled with my part. This is not the case, so, does anyone have the header pipe for sale on a 03 - 05 wr450f or 03 - 05 yz450f.

• MathProf

Posted November 30, 2005 - 09:00 AM

Do search for "dented header' and believe what you read about "freezing out the dent".

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Get a SS header next time. Stay away from TI since it heat cycle fatigues and then dents when a tiny pebble hits it! :applause:

• Bamster

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:57 AM

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=dent

If you want to get the dent out.

• Motone82

Posted November 30, 2005 - 07:50 PM

Indy are you serious about the Ti denting? I just bought a Ti pipe and put it on last night. GREAT!!!!!

• av8shunmeckaneck

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:18 PM

Look for the header pipe off of a Yzf450, they are much cheaper.I had the same problem with my header pipe. Turns out the Yzf450 (quad) has the exact same bend and its not made of Ti. The only thing diff about it is the guard. It's a little shorter. I've been punishing mine for about a year now. Good luck with getting your fixed. Steve

• ARin

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:41 PM

Look for the header pipe off of a Yzf450, they are much cheaper.I had the same problem with my header pipe. Turns out the Yzf450 (quad) has the exact same bend and its not made of Ti. The only thing diff about it is the guard. It's a little shorter. I've been punishing mine for about a year now. Good luck with getting your fixed. Steve

now THAT is an intersting tidbit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:32 PM

I dented up my header pipe real bad on my 04wr450f. I thought since everyone puts on new exhaust systems ebay and/or the classified section on this sight would be filled with my part. This is not the case, so, does anyone have the header pipe for sale on a 03 - 05 wr450f or 03 - 05 yz450f.

i have ti header and it was hard dented.
i use the freezing method and you can see the results on "MY GARAGE".
i had to freeze it for more then 20 cycles, i assume it because titanium is more elastic then steel and i had a big dent in the pipe.
from cycle to cycle you barley can see the change, but it works!!! :applause:

• 450high

Posted December 01, 2005 - 01:50 AM

I plugged one end the fitted by compressor hose to the other end.Heated it till the dent was red hot then gave it some air the the dent popped out let it cool for a minute than did again .I took a few goes now it's hard to find the dent.Mine was completely crushed in.I did not believe this was possible to repair .

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 01, 2005 - 04:41 AM

Indy are you serious about the Ti denting? I just bought a Ti pipe and put it on last night. GREAT!!!!!

You bet I went thru 4 stock Ti units before I figured it out! :ride: :applause:

• BVille870

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:56 PM

indy told me to go with ss and i haven't had any problems since. I went through 3 myself also. I bought a yamaha accesories header out of the delaer book for $125.

• Indy_WR450

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:02 PM

indy told me to go with ss and i haven't had any problems since. I went through 3 myself also. I bought a yamaha accesories header out of the delaer book for $125.

I know of at least 5 other WR's that experienced the same issues with the Ti header. Thanks for confirming your experience. :applause:

• ARin

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:37 PM

thats what THIS is for:
http://www.planetbla.../showtell/4.jpg

wraps pretty far around to the front of the pipe.

Got it on ebay, 35 bucks or something like that.

• av8shunmeckaneck

Posted December 02, 2005 - 07:38 AM

I think a stock yzf450 stainless header costs about that much from the dealer too. I dont know what a "yamaha accessories header" is though. Maybe it's better, for about the same price.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.