05 Yz450f Help!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • phat_450f

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:48 AM

Ok guys here is my problem. I bought my 05 about 5 months ago. It came with a White brothers carbon pro exhaust on it. Not the style they have now with the end caps and all. Its a square shaped carbon fiber can and the end piece is riveted on there. I am sick and tired of being worried about having a spark arrestor when I go riding in places that have rangers and all. Now i know they use a stick or something to see if there is a screen in there. Is there anyway I can mod my exhaust without having to buy a new one that comes with a spark arrestor. I just need to get a screen in there so i dont get into trouble. I plan on going on a weekend trip here in 2 weeks and need to get this done. Any suggestions....

• Butta

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:29 PM

Didn't ProMotoBillet have an endcap for like $99 that was USFS approved? This might be your best bet.......

• phat_450f

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:53 PM

not for the white brothers carbon pro exhaust...looks like i am s.o.l.

• TeamEndo

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:25 PM

depending on how much time you have, you could buy some metal screen from Home Depot, some tin snips, and build a custom basket-shaped screen that fits snuggly inside the end cap. I'm not sure how to fix it in place, maybe drill a hole on the bottom of the cap and pop a rivet through it and the screen together and insert into the muffler..just an idea.. that way if the rangers probe it, it appears factory and you could always take it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeamEndo

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:32 PM

sorry, missed that the end is riveted on. You could drill out the rivets, install a home made screen and then rivet the end back on...way cheaper than buying one. It might actually work too!

• phat_450f

Posted December 01, 2005 - 01:46 AM

You know I never thought of that. Sounds good to me. I will do that this weekend. I just have to find someone with a rivet gun...

• phat_450f

Posted December 01, 2005 - 01:47 AM

thanks for the idea

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 01, 2005 - 07:48 AM

You know I never thought of that. Sounds good to me. I will do that this weekend. I just have to find someone with a rivet gun...

If you dont mind cobbing it together you can use Sheet metal screws to put it back on. I did. It looks like frankenstiens head. :applause:

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.