Galfer Stainless Brake line

2 replies to this topic
  • pbusanga

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:05 AM

Hi i put a galfer rear brake line on my XR650R but noticed that the banjo has a bend in it at the rear caliper. can anyone tell me whether it should bend downwards or upwards when installed. the original brake line banjo had no bend in it at all at the rear caliper.

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pbusanga

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:08 AM

sorry forgot to ask about the copper washers Galfer supplied 4 pieces per banjo bolt does that mean there is a spare set or am i supposed to use two washers either side of the banjo
thanks

• mgs781

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:47 AM

Put it on whatever way it fits, just make sure it does not bind when the suspension compresses or extends.

Only one washer on each side of the bango is required torque the bolt to 12-15 ft-lbs.

I just did mine last weekend, the difference is huge.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.