GA426OWNER Motocrosser or Speedway rider ?

10 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted August 29, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Our Hero.....AIRBORNE Sir!

http://albums.photop...0794&p=53535613

HEY! Where dat 426 go anyway?

http://albums.photop...0794&p=53535616

Lookin like a speedway racer to me.....

David was actually smokin the field like a cheap cigar...... :)

• bobwombat

Posted August 29, 2001 - 12:37 PM

Yamakaze...NICE suspension travel in the 2nd photo! luv the pics! bobwombat

• RSK

Posted August 29, 2001 - 12:48 PM

Great pic's Bill!

Nice landing there Capt Dave :) sorry I missed the ride but I was fishing I hope to catch up with you and Bill this weekend. I'm working on my forks right now and I hope it come out ok.

Keep on flying the frindly sky's you guy's!!!
Steve

• Ga426owner

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:45 AM

Guys, that landing & almost every landing in the 2 moto's last weekend tore me up. My forks are off and at MXTUNER's shop for diagnosis. I believe both .47 fork springs are broken or the infamous "MIDVALVE ISSUE" has plagued me. This bike never landed or handled this way before & during that day the forks got progressively worse. I also am exchanging the steering head bearings/races for new as my steering feels like swiss cheese with the forks off. YamaCasi - nice pics thanks for the effort, Next time hopefully my suspension won't look like a dirt tracker from 1972. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Scott_F

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:14 AM

GA, it might help if you make it to the down side of that tabletop. Doh! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner1

Posted August 30, 2001 - 08:01 AM

Scott F, it would have been a better jump, if it had a down hill side to absorb the impact. Unfortunately it was a very steep Step Up jump with flat landing zone, about 80-90ft long

• Scott_F

Posted August 30, 2001 - 09:28 PM

Just kiddin' ya bro. I couldn't see the takeoff and thought it was a table.

Yeah, flat landings always suck. I wish track builders would take this into account a little more when designing jumps.

• Ga426owner1

Posted August 30, 2001 - 09:40 PM

ScottF, no problem. That landing sure hurt like hell, every single lap.

• Scott_F

Posted August 30, 2001 - 10:04 AM

With the bottoming cones, you won't even feel it. I'm telling you, they are wrist savers.

• Ga426owner1

Posted August 30, 2001 - 10:06 AM

ScottF who has these for sale???

• Scott_F

Posted August 30, 2001 - 11:52 AM

You can get them from CCycle.com. Tuner can install them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.