Rekluse

12 replies to this topic
  • Derik Tate

Posted November 29, 2005 - 07:47 PM

Do you have to buy a rekluse perch adjuster with a Rekluse clutch? And do you need a Rekluse clutch cover? Is this hard to install? I rode a buddies bike this weekend with this clutch and loved it. :ride: I want to get it for my WR426 2002. Thanks for the help. :applause:

• jerryls

Posted November 29, 2005 - 07:58 PM

No, no, and no. It will take a little while to figure out which engagement spring (heavy or light) you prefer, but other that that, it's pretty painless.

Jerry

• flatnacker

Posted November 29, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Can you still pop wheelies (mono's) with a Rekluse?????

• ddialogue

Posted November 29, 2005 - 09:28 PM

Can you still pop wheelies (mono's) with a Rekluse?????

This should pretty much answer your question about wheelies! :applause:

Wheelie 1
Wheelie 2
Wheelie 3
Wheelie 4

And I opted to leave the clutch lever off entirely!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:00 PM

:p :lol: :p :p

"Wheelie" good Dave !!!!!!!!!! :applause: :ride: :p

Posted Image

• hybridz77

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:18 PM

When up shifting with the Rekluse set-up is it the same as doing a no clutch up shift on a stock clutch? Does this cause any increased wear on synchronizers or trans assembly? Haven't we always been taught to disengage clutch during upshifts for trannys sake.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:49 PM

I have never hurt my transmissions. I up shift without the clutch and down shift without the clutch at lower rpms on all of my bikes Rekluse or not.
I never power shift under throttle. I will pull in the clutch or overide from high rpm down shifts only because matching revs is so difficult. :applause:

• Punisher660

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:45 PM

I guess what still has me confused is the up shifting / power shifting - Normally when you use your clutch, you can hold the throttle open, pull in the clutch and shift up.....what do you do with a rekluse? I can see how it helps against stalling, but how does it react to other normal clutch operations?

Also, I see that they make a product to move the rear brake to the left hand position (handlebar mount). They are assuming that with the rekluse, you have removed the clutch lever and cable completely.....has anyone tried this product as well?

• byggd

Posted November 30, 2005 - 04:56 PM

Do you have to buy a rekluse perch adjuster with a Rekluse clutch? And do you need a Rekluse clutch cover? Is this hard to install? I rode a buddies bike this weekend with this clutch and loved it. :p I want to get it for my WR426 2002. Thanks for the help. :applause:

I have one on my 02 wr426 and while you don't "need" the perch adjuster it's nice to have for popping the front end up over downed trees etc and when you are in a turn with a little too much traction and you want some wheel spin. It also makes it easier to make adjustments while out riding without needing a wrench and you will find the clutch lever is super easy to pull in :ride:

• 642MX

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Do you have to buy a rekluse perch adjuster with a Rekluse clutch? And do you need a Rekluse clutch cover? Is this hard to install? I rode a buddies bike this weekend with this clutch and loved it. :ride: I want to get it for my WR426 2002. Thanks for the help. :applause:

I would recommend the perch adjuster. Finding neutral without it can be difficult, and it is nice to use on a MX track. You don't need the cover, its for looks and doesn't have any performance gains at all. They are really easy to install, read all the instructions a few times before heading out to the garage. You can go to Rekluses website and download the instructions, heres the link.

• 642MX

Posted November 30, 2005 - 05:19 PM

I guess what still has me confused is the up shifting / power shifting - Normally when you use your clutch, you can hold the throttle open, pull in the clutch and shift up.....what do you do with a rekluse? I can see how it helps against stalling, but how does it react to other normal clutch operations?

Also, I see that they make a product to move the rear brake to the left hand position (handlebar mount). They are assuming that with the rekluse, you have removed the clutch lever and cable completely.....has anyone tried this product as well?

To shift the bike, all you do is let off the gas for a split second and shift. A standard clutch only does three operations: it can be slipped, engage, or disengage. The rekluse does all three operations better than any human could. It slips the clutch (to an adjustable point) on acceleration, it prevents stalling if you lock up the rear wheel during braking, and when your at speed its completely "locked up" with no slip (just like a standard clutch).

• dustmaker

Posted November 30, 2005 - 09:35 PM

i am also looking for a rear brake for left handlebar, i think i will have a lot more control over my rear tire, especially while going downhill!

• RichBaker

Posted December 01, 2005 - 03:03 PM

When up shifting with the Rekluse set-up is it the same as doing a no clutch up shift on a stock clutch? Does this cause any increased wear on synchronizers or trans assembly? Haven't we always been taught to disengage clutch during upshifts for trannys sake.

No such beast as synchros in a constant mesh tranny, I've been shifting bikes without the clutch for years with absolutely no problems....just shift correctly, don't pause or wait for anything and modulate the throttle as necessary. :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.