YZ 250(2-stroke) or YZ 450 for HS?

1 reply to this topic
  • MathProf

Posted November 29, 2005 - 06:34 PM

I am going to get serious about racing next year( I don't know how many I have left) and I am torn between the advantages of the YZ 250(2str) and the YZ 450.

I think the weight issue is even once you add the bigger tank on the 250 to get the same range as the 450, but easy restarting is a big plus in the 250 column.

Extra dollars on the 250 include bigger tank, Gnarly pipe, flywheel weights, and SA= $600 extra on the $5600

The 06 450 seems like the ultimate HS weapon with minimum extra dollars.

People have said that switching between 2 strokes and 4 strokes is tough.

Any thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Texas4play

Posted November 29, 2005 - 06:42 PM

If its any help the AmPro Yamaha guys run the yz250 for gncc and the yz450 on the worcs and mixed track scramble stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.