450's made it to TX....just picked mine up!!

43 replies to this topic
  • ride yzf all the way

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:42 AM

cincinnati ohio just got ares in their flippen sweet

• ripntear

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:16 AM

Because if you do it yourself you know it's done right. You never know what monkey at the dealer assembles the bikes and they never grease anything or set up the bike the way you like it. As far as lower cost goes, yea it should be cheaper, but it's not, or at least I've never heard of anyone getting a better deal for it.

I agree with wanting it done right, but it would be easier to haul if it was already assembled. All we are talking about is handle bars and a front wheel. Right?

• SC7

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:16 AM

No way, not even close close to that. Give them another try, they want to sell dirtbikes, and the proved it to me.
Good luck.

• EMARacing

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:38 AM

I hope you didn't pay the $8100 those lunkheads quoted me..

We quote MSRP + Freight/prep & TTL. We don't quote OTD deals until you are here in the dealership and willing to do business. If we make our best deal over the phone or internet most people will take our deal and try and get another dealer to beat it by whatever amount it takes. This may not be the best way to do business in every situation, but it is the best way 90% of the time.

I know its probably not feasible for you to come in and do business, but if you did I promise you won't think we're lunkheads :applause: and we'd be WAY under the $8100 quote you got.

It's all good though, I'm sure someone in your local area can help you out, just like we are doing with our local customers. If you are ever down in the Austin/Georgetown area stop by and say hi, I think you'll like our dealership and all the employee's. ALL of us are enthusiast who own bikes and ride. If you ever make it to Cross Creek or Cycle Ranch let me know, I'd love to go ride sometime.

Have a good one.

• Reyndogg

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:40 AM

John, get off the computer and go get my dang bike off that tuck :ride:

j/k heh kinda

:applause:

• kizzle426

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:50 AM

John, get off the computer and go get my dang bike off that tuck :p

j/k heh kinda

:ride:

It ought to be there today. If you're on the list early. I just went to Waco Yamaha and they've got a yellow and a blue (I rode the blue one, one of my mechanics bought it :applause: ). Be patient. It'll be either today or tomorrow, sometime real soon.

• Reyndogg

Posted November 30, 2005 - 11:54 AM

yeah i know, or hope you're right lol anyway, im just messing with him a little :applause:

• EMARacing

Posted November 30, 2005 - 12:17 PM

John, get off the computer and go get my dang bike off that tuck :ride:

j/k heh kinda

:applause:

We were just unloading your bike. Its really windy today and a gust of wind blew the crate over when the fork lift was pulling it off the truck. Its was too damaged to salvage, so we're sending it back to Yamaha and have to wait on another one. Sorry!

Of course I'm just kidding.

We have our first one, hopefully the next will be right behind it.

• DPW

Posted November 30, 2005 - 12:24 PM

We quote MSRP + Freight/prep & TTL. We don't quote OTD deals until you are here in the dealership and willing to do business. If we make our best deal over the phone or internet most people will take our deal and try and get another dealer to beat it by whatever amount it takes. This may not be the best way to do business in every situation, but it is the best way 90% of the time.

I know its probably not feasible for you to come in and do business, but if you did I promise you won't think we're lunkheads :p and we'd be WAY under the $8100 quote you got.

I spoke with two sales guy(one being the dirt bike guy who was very polite) and verified the OTD price and they both said $8100, which than I explained that MSRP was $6899 and they said $8100 was the price. I explained that I could order the bike online delivered more or less to my house for $6500 and I had a quote from a local dealer for $7100 right now. The second sales guy(dirt bike guy) explained that was the price...$8100, again very polite. I guess lunkhead was a bit harsh because everybody I talked to was very friendly, but the price was way to high.

Anyway I did find a bike locally for a price that I thought was fair. I have family in Austin and I always bring the bike if weather is decent....so CC(which I have never been too) Cycle Ranch, or Del Valle would be good.

The '06 YZ450F..three rides so far :applause: :ride: !

• kizzle426

Posted November 30, 2005 - 12:57 PM

Have you ever been to Cross Creek?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:01 PM

Have you ever been to Cross Creek?

Me??? No...

• Reyndogg

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:04 PM

We were just unloading your bike. Its really windy today and a gust of wind blew the crate over when the fork lift was pulling it off the truck. Its was too damaged to salvage, so we're sending it back to Yamaha and have to wait on another one. Sorry!

Of course I'm just kidding.

We have our first one, hopefully the next will be right behind it.

:applause: :ride:

that would be my luck, though

• kizzle426

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:05 PM

You should definitely check that place out. It's more toward College Station than Austin. They have a Day (motocross style) track and a night (supercross style) track. I've been there twice. It's my new place to go from now on. That and i'm going to check out 3 Palms pretty soon. Here's a link.... http://www.crosscreekcp.com

• DPW

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:09 PM

You should definitely check that place out. It's more toward College Station than Austin. They have a Day (motocross style) track and a night (supercross style) track. I've been there twice. It's my new place to go from now on. That and i'm going to check out 3 Palms pretty soon. Here's a link.... http://www.crosscreekcp.com

If you go to Three Palms be sure and check out San Jacinto Cycle Park

• kizzle426

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:15 PM

If you go to Three Palms be sure and check out San Jacinto Cycle Park, http://www.sanjacintocyclepark.com/

Whoah.....I clicked on that link in Firefox. Now I've got 30 pop ups and virus warnings. My computer is totally locked up (i'm on a lap top now). I'm not mad....I think it's something from a different site that I was at before. That was wierd. Anyway, that track looks like fun. :applause:

• Reyndogg

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:17 PM

wow i got some crazy stuff from that site too - i think it's hacked or infected. Norton stopped whatever it tried to do.

• Butta

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:25 PM

Hmmmm.....I got into it (BEFORE I READ YOUR WARNINGS...) and it came up fine, thankfully! Usually that's not my luck, though....

• DPW

Posted November 30, 2005 - 01:38 PM

Whoah.....I clicked on that link in Firefox. Now I've got 30 pop ups and virus warnings. My computer is totally locked up (i'm on a lap top now). I'm not mad....I think it's something from a different site that I was at before. That was wierd. Anyway, that track looks like fun. :applause:

Hmmm....sorry weird. Opened it up in both Firefox 1.5 Beta and IE 6.0, with no problem.

I take that back Firefox is acting kind of weird now...I removed the link in my post not sure what's up

• hp2it

Posted November 30, 2005 - 02:06 PM

Hey SC7,
When is your first ride scheduled? I hope the CTPS gets another one soon! Can't wait.

• SC7

Posted November 30, 2005 - 02:43 PM

Saturday and Sunday. Prolly hit Cross Creek both days, might even race it Sunday, not sure yet. If plans change will hit VP Sunday. Look me up, take it for a spin.
Steve

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.