Boyesen Quickshot Accelerator Pump Cover

2 replies to this topic
  • dckgmiller

Posted November 29, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I've read some good reviews about the Boyesen Quickshot Accelerator Pump Cover. Helps with the hesitation at idle.

Is this more for the track, than trail riding? I only do trail riding around Denver and wasn't sure if I should invest in it our not.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteveWR450F

Posted November 29, 2005 - 10:19 AM

My advice is to make sure your bike is properly jetted first and all the free mods done. Look at Indy's jetting info.

Then if you still have some bog, I would recommend using the Quickshot. I also did the power now (good improvement) but did not think the power now plus made much difference. I only trail ride on tight technical stuff and its really nice to have instant throttle response. Until our bikes come with EFI this is probably the best it will get.

Steve

• rich1167

Posted November 29, 2005 - 03:33 PM

My advice is to make sure your bike is properly jetted first and all the free mods done. Look at Indy's jetting info.

Then if you still have some bog, I would recommend using the Quickshot. I also did the power now (good improvement) but did not think the power now plus made much difference. I only trail ride on tight technical stuff and its really nice to have instant throttle response. Until our bikes come with EFI this is probably the best it will get.

Steve

I agree. Re jet with the JD kit and use Indys chart as a guide. The JD kit is cheapper and you will be able to adjust for winter and summer. I have done all the free mods, installed the JD kit, installed the Zip-Ty air screw and removed the AIS. "The AIS is only on 2005 and latter bikes" I was riding at Pueblo last weekend no bog at all and no popping on decel :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.