Quoted $1200+ for a honda stage 1 cam in Aussie

9 replies to this topic
  • Fordskin

Posted November 29, 2005 - 12:17 AM

Thats about $800 US. Is that why everybody gets the aftermarket ones? I was told that i can maybe get my original one redone. Anyone done this?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 29, 2005 - 10:49 AM

Send me $600 American and I'll send you a Hot Cam stage-whatever is available.

• Xr650rhonda

Posted November 29, 2005 - 01:50 PM

Thats about $800 US. Is that why everybody gets the aftermarket ones? I was told that i can maybe get my original one redone. Anyone done this?

I know I'm missing something here, why is it $800.00 for just a cam. Xr's only price is $179.00 u.s. and Rocky Mountain's stage I cam is $143.99 u.s.. As far as re-plating a stock cam, I have been told it can chip and the cost is close to buying a new one.

• qadsan

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:21 PM

...Is that why everybody gets the aftermarket ones? ...

I'm sure that's a big part of the reason why many people choose an aftermarket cam instead of Honda's expensive HRC cam. The price for the matching HRC timing chain and gear are also expensive as well, but they're heavier duty than the stock parts. Honda's HRC cam also retains the use of the auto decompression mechanism and most aftermarket cams do not, but that wasn't a big issue for me.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 29, 2005 - 05:06 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted November 29, 2005 - 05:26 PM

could he mean installed?

• XRL_Rider

Posted November 29, 2005 - 06:23 PM

could he mean installed?

WR that was an intelligent question. There may be hope for you yet! :applause:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 29, 2005 - 06:43 PM

WR that was an intelligent question. There may be hope for you yet! :applause:

Well, it would be at least a couple hundred to have it done plus parts and being in Australia, parts and labor cost more so......just a thought.

• Fordskin

Posted November 29, 2005 - 11:57 PM

No i'm afraid thats just to buy the thing. Looks like i will have to look around for after market one. I have seen them on a few Aussie sites. Just couldn't believe the price for the genuine. :applause:

• HC

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:25 PM

no kiddin' thats a lot of brewski

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.