ASV levers ?

7 replies to this topic
  • sgtmadmax

Posted November 28, 2005 - 10:40 PM

Anyone tried the ASV levers of other levers on their XR650R. I tried to mount the ASV's on my bike and they clutch and the hot start doesn't work with the ASV perch or the honda perch. No room with the Baja designs light switch. :ride: The brake lever works .. :applause:

www.asv-usa.com

• strippedthread1

Posted November 29, 2005 - 10:36 AM

I have the kit(clutch and brake) on my R. The decompression lever(hot start) works but is a little loose. On the brake, lever, I had to grind down the contact area(where the lever contacts the brake piston). Other than that it works fine. I use a Lynx computer remote switch housing between the grip and the clutch perch without any problems.

• khelton

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:15 PM

Anyone tried the ASV levers of other levers on their XR650R. I tried to mount the ASV's on my bike and they clutch and the hot start doesn't work with the ASV perch or the honda perch. No room with the Baja designs light switch. :p The brake lever works .. :applause:

www.asv-usa.com

I had the exact same experience, stuck with high dollar levers that don't fit as well as brake lever sent supposedly guaranteed to fit a Brembo front ...didn't work either... :ride:

• Naru

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:46 PM

I'm running ARC levers on my 650R... Brake side is listed for all Honda's in PU, and the clutch lever I got for the Magura hydro clutch I have installed.

I used to run ASV's on my other bikes until I bent one like a pipe-cleaner in a soft fall and ASV refused to cover it stating "we garauntee it's unbreakable, not unbendable". :ride: ASV also does a piss poor job of machining their CNC levers, leaving rough edges and machining them extra thick so they don't have to make good on too many warranty claims.

The ARC levers on the other hand are an excellent product, are much thinner like stock levers, and their tech-support is top notch. Plus, their folding mechanism is much smaller. Highly recommended :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted November 29, 2005 - 05:39 PM

damn, those things are big pimpin

• sgtmadmax

Posted November 29, 2005 - 11:00 PM

I'm running ARC levers on my 650R... Brake side is listed for all Honda's in PU, and the clutch lever I got for the Magura hydro clutch I have installed.

I used to run ASV's on my other bikes until I bent one like a pipe-cleaner in a soft fall and ASV refused to cover it stating "we garauntee it's unbreakable, not unbendable". :ride: ASV also does a piss poor job of machining their CNC levers, leaving rough edges and machining them extra thick so they don't have to make good on too many warranty claims.

The ARC levers on the other hand are an excellent product, are much thinner like stock levers, and their tech-support is top notch. Plus, their folding mechanism is much smaller. Highly recommended :applause:

Do you have a part number for the ARC levers?

• Davexr650L

Posted August 19, 2015 - 02:22 PM

Need some unbreakable front brake levers that OPERATE THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH! I cannot find anywhere! Someone helppppp for Honda Xr650l

• jaysons

Posted August 19, 2015 - 06:59 PM

[quote name="Davexr650L" post="12598003" timestamp="1440022922"]Need some unbreakable front brake levers that OPERATE THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH! I cannot find anywhere! Someone helppppp for Honda Xr650l[/quotXR6

You could always just replace the banjo bolt in the brake line with a pressure switch banjo bolt. That's what I did on my XR6. Works perfect to activate the brakelight from the front lever and the rear pedal. And I picked up a pack of two for around $15.00 at a local bike shop.

Edit : And that way you can use any levers you like without worrying if its tripping the switch for the brake light.

Edited by jaysons, August 19, 2015 - 07:03 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.