Winter Moab, New Hampshire Night Riding Event

13 replies to this topic
  • *mike68*

Posted August 29, 2001 - 07:41 AM

I know it is a long shot, but anyone interested? The riding is excellent!! 60 to 80 miles depending on how far you wish to ride. All riding is done at night when the ground is firmly frozen. I doubt there will be many takers, but those who choose to do this will be fed well and can pull up a rug at my place, or an air mattres, or use the couch. I can squeeze 4 to 6 people. You will be amazed at the riding and it only takes about an hour to stud up your ride.

• npuzajr

Posted August 29, 2001 - 07:48 AM

Mike,

Im interested!!! When are you planning? How many days are you thinking? How long did it take you to get down here?

Nick

• *mike68*

Posted August 29, 2001 - 08:28 AM

75 mpf to RC just under 7 hrs. Probably looking after x-mas. Late January, early feb.

• TheBOS

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:53 AM

Hey Mike - I am interested, I have not done any riding in the snow yet, but plan on getting some studs this winter, I have a couple of friends that love riding in the snow, they say it's a blast.

I wanted to ride with you this summer, but I have been so busy on weekends, that I have only been riding locally - we found a really good spot that's only 10 minutes away from my house, and we have been busy exploring it.

Keep me informed, as I usually frequent the 250 side, not this one.
-Brett

• *mike68*

Posted August 30, 2001 - 08:45 AM

Sounds good. I will work on dated in the next few months. Let me know when you have a good 80 or so mile trail ride and I may come down for a ride.

• Bill

Posted August 30, 2001 - 10:23 AM

Jr,

Don't you dare leave Pa without me :) Sounds like a road trip to me.

Gramps

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• npuzajr

Posted August 30, 2001 - 11:08 AM

Gramps,

That sounds like a plan. You'll have to drive though because Im not old enough to drive out of the state. Well that may be a bad idea we'll end up doing 35 the whole way up there. JK

Anyway, I definately want to go any company is always good. Maybe we can talk Shawn into going too.
Hey if you get out of work for some reason Monday come on up to Jack Frost.

JR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper33

Posted August 30, 2001 - 11:24 AM

I don't yet have a bike, but hope to by then. I think MOAB is about 6 hours from here. If i have a trailer as well, I'd be stoked to go. What level of rider should I be though. I've got about 1 year of experience on a CR250.

• Bill

Posted August 30, 2001 - 02:30 PM

T33,

This ride is in New Hampshire.

JR,

We'll take the Seqouia, you'll have to get your parents to sign a release form in case/when you get hurt. If they want me to come up and meet them before we go let me know :)

Going to try and get to RC or Tower, Hit-Man called and said he was camping at TC.

I got your 35.

Bill

• WR_Rider

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:43 PM

Just let me know where and when...I hope someone can give some lessons on studding tires...never done it, but have always wanted to try riding in the snow...

-CHuck

• Fastgregg

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:13 PM

Hey Mike,

I,ve got a half crated WR 400 stranded in Londonderry and I could really use some help from someone in NH. Email me at gregg436@cs.com and leave me your phone # if you could help. There is surely a Palm Springs Harley t shirt in the deal. I'm dieing to ride my new thumper.

Thanks

Gregg

• *mike68*

Posted August 31, 2001 - 12:34 AM

fastgregg,
I will sned you an e-mail and will definatley help you out.

Mike

the rest of you, I will start planning the whole thing. How many nights of riding do you want. I was going to plan 2 nights and both rides will be about 70 miles. Sound good?

• tripm

Posted August 31, 2001 - 03:04 AM

I'm in.

• *mike68*

Posted August 31, 2001 - 03:21 AM

I know that! We need to hook up soon so I can ride your new katoom.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.