Give me some ideas on colour combinations pls

13 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted November 28, 2005 - 12:09 PM

I'm looking at giving my wr400 a fresh new look with new plastics. Really cant decide on what colour combinations of plastic to go with. I'm thinking white/black,blue/black or yellow/black(if i can get a good deal). Any of your rides uses these colour combinations, could you post a pic? I've been visualizing
hard to get an idea what these would look but would appreciate actual pics.

Also,any idea how much a YOT full graphics kit for 98-02 YZFs would fetch on ebay now? I'm considering selling mine to get a hurricane kit instead if i can get a good price on them. :applause:
I saw it go as high as $180 a few months ago, and now i dont see anyone who has anymore stock of it. :ride:

Thanks in advance.

• Gorby

Posted November 28, 2005 - 07:01 PM

black/white, red/black, and yellow/black are my favorite combos.either way u cant really go wrong.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 28, 2005 - 07:12 PM

I have all black plastic, with graphics and accessories with lots of blue. I think it looks cool. I also like the look of all white plastic with lots of blue accents.

• spy

Posted November 29, 2005 - 10:27 AM

I was thinking of going white because my tank is the natural colour clarke. But seeing how white turns 'dirty' i'm thinking otherwise.

• OlaGB

Posted November 29, 2005 - 12:55 PM

This tread is worthless without pics :applause:

• Flooder305

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:50 PM

Black and Blue can you post a pic?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 29, 2005 - 08:04 PM

I will try to post a link to a thread with pics of my bike. I dont know if this will work. We'll see.
http://www.thumperta...ight=black blue
I have done more since then, but it looks basically the same. I also have a black YZ number plate on the front thats not on in these pics. I have Blue excels on the way. I will try to get some newer pics one of these days.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flooder305

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:23 PM

Hey that looks pretty cool, is your airbox still grey, and how did you get past the blue tank? Also where did you find black fork guards and rear fender?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 30, 2005 - 06:51 PM

Hey that looks pretty cool, is your airbox still grey, and how did you get past the blue tank? Also where did you find black fork guards and rear fender?

Yes, my air box is stock, but I thought it was black. I got past the blue tank by buying a black one. 170 fun tokens from Clarke. It is top notch. I used to own a Rhino Linings dealership so I just Rhino'ed the fork guards, but I believe I have seen them on the net somewhere. The black fender came in a whole YZ kit I bought, 110 fun tokens. The kit contains both fenders, shrouds, and side panels. Thanks for the compliments, I am proud of it. I know its not for everyone, but that is what makes it fun.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 30, 2005 - 10:47 PM

Also where did you find black fork guards and rear fender?

BTO motorsports has them both. You will need to order YZ stuff for your bike if you want black.

• byggd

Posted December 01, 2005 - 08:35 AM

This tread is worthless without pics :ride:

My bike is mostly black and blue also with some white. Next I'm going to add some gold radiator guards for contrast. Not a cool as B&B bike :applause: but I'm working on it. :p
My Bike

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:16 AM

byggd, lookin sweet man. :applause:

• Nodrog

Posted December 02, 2005 - 02:03 AM

Polisport do a decent range of after-market plastics at a good price - Their web site has a facility , where you can mix and match the different colour plastics on the bike of your choice - They don't require any drilling either - unlike the UFO brand .Makes life that much easier .If I were in the market , I would consider the Hurricane Kit -

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted December 02, 2005 - 09:18 AM

yeah I would love the Hurrican kit too. but I dont want to have my frame powedercoated. A blue frame with that kit would look awful.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.