Just ran my new 444

No replies to this topic
  • R_Little

Posted November 28, 2005 - 07:38 AM

Had my '00 wr400 rebuilt into a 444.
The only real wear was in the small end. So I upgraded to a 426 rod and went to a 97mm bore. Auto-D cam too. Remote hot start.

Anyway finished buttoning it up y'day.

Kicked it a dozen times....no start...huh maybe I flooded it.
Pull my new hot start button to clean it out...give it a kick.....WHOOO it starts! Let go of the hot start and it stalls. Pull hot start kick again and it STARTS????? Jetting must be real messed up.....

I finally figure it out. I put the hot start plunger in the CHOKE. Now I have a remote choke. Anyway let if warm for a few minutes and ride off. It runs clean no smoke at all. slowly roll on throttle and it pulls hard and smooth. As it warms up it starts to miss a little. at mid throttle. The the tank is 4 months old and the stuff I emptied from the carb bowl was just this shy of varnish so I figure I'll replace with new gas and see what happens.

The other issue I have is my baja designs light system is not working. No lights at all. Can anyone steer me as to where to look for the trouble?

Also, the only part I seem to be missing is the return spring for the brake pedal. Anyone got a spare lying around?

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.