06 450f on the trails

5 replies to this topic
  • gdbarr1976

Posted November 27, 2005 - 09:10 PM

Any of you that have a new 450 care to give me a report on how it works on the trail. I do hare scrambles and enduros here in the SE on a 250f but have a 450 on order. I'm getting kinda nervous and need a bit of reassurance. Does the beast work on the trail? I want to qualify for the ISDE. Is this the bike?

• Reyndogg

Posted November 27, 2005 - 09:52 PM

if you are the rider, the bike will take you there :applause:

• markhardgrove

Posted November 28, 2005 - 03:03 AM

If you soften up the suspension on the yzf you should be fine. Why not the WR? too heavy with electric start?
You will love the bike it will always bring you home.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gdbarr1976

Posted November 28, 2005 - 05:29 AM

I tried a 03 wr250. I thought it was a pretty good bike until I did a tag team hare scrambles with my son who was riding my old 01 yz250f. After a couple of laps I had a minor problem with my bike so we just switched off with the yz. After the race I sold the wr. It's all the little things. Weight, suspension etc. As far as the electric start...with auto decomp who really needs it?

• gdbarr1976

Posted November 28, 2005 - 05:36 AM

if you are the rider, the bike will take you there :applause:

Well that is the thing. I want to mark the isde off my list and at 47 time is running out. I got second overall at a hare scrambles yeaterday on my o1 250f. I guess I am wondering if I should stick with it. There is such a thing as to much of a good thing.

• fowler175

Posted November 28, 2005 - 05:53 AM

If you still enjoy it, why wouldn't you stick with it? I hope I'm still riding in my 60's. The old "to much of a good thing" adage, only counts with turkey dinner & sex with the neibors wife.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.