Yz Exhaust cam swap

3 replies to this topic
  • jonha

Posted November 27, 2005 - 07:24 PM

Changing my 05 WR 450 to YZ specs, do I also need an intake cam or does the exhaust cam alone help to make it more like the YZ? I am converting it to mx trim.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 27, 2005 - 08:15 PM

YZ exhaust cam is all you need from the 04 or 05 year cam ( less hit than the 03 cam). You will need to reshim for clearances. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted November 27, 2005 - 09:40 PM

Changing my 05 WR 450 to YZ specs, do I also need an intake cam or does the exhaust cam alone help to make it more like the YZ? I am converting it to mx trim.

read few threads that used the stock cam with yz timing.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 28, 2005 - 01:12 AM

You will lose the auto decomp feature unless you guy the YZ exhaust cam! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.