yz426 preventative measures

2 replies to this topic
  • slopoke

Posted November 27, 2005 - 07:12 PM

i bought a yz426 the other day to convert to supermoto over the winter and here is what i've done so far...i've never owned a 4 stroke dirt bike before, it's my first one..but i thought it'd be superior to a two stroke on the asphalt

so, i got the bike running..needed a thorough carb cleaning....are the motors in these bikes generally pretty loud/??? seems to run fine?? don't they usually act like human flyswatters???...lol..it's still got the dirt gearing on it..lol...does anyone happen to know where a manual online for them is or the valve clearances?? I was going to go ahead and check them just in case?? any other preventative measures i should take?? i changed the oil and filter and cleaned the carb, the air filter looked like it had just been cleaned....replaced the fluid in the front brake until it ran clear..etc???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shanedut

Posted November 27, 2005 - 08:02 PM

There is an online manual at
http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/ theres also some other good info on the 426 there too.

Good luck

• slopoke

Posted November 29, 2005 - 02:21 AM

thanks....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.