Crashed at Sand Hill

11 replies to this topic
  • EastBayThumper

Posted November 27, 2005 - 06:07 PM

Well.. from the showroom to hell and back.. My bike got ****ED-UP today.

I was climbing the 2nd hill on the MX track and started slipping off the bike.. Rolled on too much throttle and the bike took off into the wall on the side of the hill... MY SUB FRAME IS SUPER BENT.. the exaust pipe was dead center over the rear tire... My rear fender and airbox also took some damage. I'm not really sure if I will need to replace my exaust yet..

The ThumperTalk store, which I have a membership with ONLY has parts for 04 YZ450F but NOT the 05???? Wouldn't the subframe and airbox case be the same for both years?

• mummer12

Posted November 27, 2005 - 06:42 PM

I live in Livermore and I was contemplating riding there today instead I rode Club Moto today on my 06, or I would have probably crashed too. I heard Sand Hills new track is not that good?? Whats your take? Sorry to hear about the crash

• EastBayThumper

Posted November 27, 2005 - 09:07 PM

The track isn't bad... It seemed really rough though.. I haven't been on a track for about 6 months so I was a little rusty myself. Was it worth the $20 today? Yeah I had a good ****in time... I would have rather have done some trail riding to get used to my bike though. Here is a pic of my poor subframe.. and my bike, which before today looked brand new..
Posted Image :p
Posted Image :ride:
Posted Image :applause:

• EastBayThumper

Posted November 27, 2005 - 09:11 PM

Any suggestions on where I should buy the new subframe? Should I stay away from the AC non-oem one?

• Hardwire

Posted February 27, 2006 - 09:55 AM

I just bought a new one from www.yamahasportsplaza.com, was only $248. (4th gear on whooped out trails can be fun...)

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2006 - 12:29 PM

The '05 sub frame has a different part number than the '04, but I believe they are interchangeable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted February 27, 2006 - 02:00 PM

Why can't the TT store get parts for the 04 models? I thought they could get all the OEM stuff?

• JetBlueJoe

Posted February 27, 2006 - 05:38 PM

Why can't the TT store get parts for the 04 models? I thought they could get all the OEM stuff?

What makes you think you can't buy 05 or 06 parts from Harry at OEM TT. If his microfish does not include the model year your looking for give him a call or send them an email detailing the part you need. I buy lots of parts from Harry for all our bikes except the KTM. He does take pretty good care of us. Give him a call tell him Joe from NY with the YZ's and KLX110. He'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

But I do agree it would be nice if they could update there fische to include all current model years. That was probably their intent but is busy servicing the mx community. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted February 27, 2006 - 06:11 PM

What makes you think you can't buy 05 or 06 parts from Harry at OEM TT. If his microfish does not include the model year your looking for give him a call or send them an email detailing the part you need. I buy lots of parts from Harry for all our bikes except the KTM. He does take pretty good care of us. Give him a call tell him Joe from NY with the YZ's and KLX110. He'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

But I do agree it would be nice if they could update there fische to include all current model years. That was probably their intent but is busy servicing the mx community. :thumbsup:

I figured they could get all the parts from all the years but I didn't know.

• kid on a 426

Posted February 27, 2006 - 07:14 PM

your pics dont work

• Dieselhound

Posted February 27, 2006 - 08:37 PM

Yeah, the links to the pics of the bent sub-frame didn't work, so here is a pic of a bent sub frame that might look as bad:
http://conquest.rpg....cki/waszak8.jpg

• darksun27

Posted February 28, 2006 - 10:08 AM

HELLO dont waste all your money on a brand new subframe and stuff unless your a high dollar factry rider. I would buy a used one on Ebay or somewhere.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.