Considering an '06 WR450

8 replies to this topic
  • ODSC1

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:47 PM

Since my XR650R was stolen about a month ago I've been thinking about replacement options. I really have been considering a wide range of bikes but now I'm starting to like the WR450 more and more. I do have a few questions that'll I'll need some help with before I decide.

1. What are the differences between the '05 and '06 models?
2. What is the stator output?
3. Is the headlight glass and does it use an H4 bulb?
4. Is the tailight wired for a dual filament bulb?
5. What is the largest fuel tank available. What are the ranges with the various aftermarket tanks?
6. What weight of rider are the stock springs rated for?
7. Other than basic setup stuff like jetting and suspension what are the best mods or add-ons for this bike?

I plan on learning more about the bike by searching the old posts but really the answers to the questions above should be enough for me to decide.

Thanks,
Brian
Ontario Dual Sport Club

• NavyNuke

Posted November 25, 2005 - 10:49 PM

the taillight is a dual fillament bulb from the factory. not sure on the other stuff, but I'm getting ready to split mine off and make it into a brake light/running light to tag the bike.

• Matty05

Posted November 26, 2005 - 04:39 PM

1. adjustable top clamp, electronic speedo, new speed sensitive suspension.
2. 14v/120w @ 5,000r/min
3. yes.
4. yes.
5. 28 litres GYT-R, ~400 kms range
6. ~75kgs
7. exhaust system definately, very choked up.

• bomax

Posted November 26, 2005 - 10:52 PM

i got my 06 a few weeks back,its now a motard on the street,but you can wire it all up easily.i find the stock suspension to soft for my riding so i got some springs and shims for valving coming..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ODSC1

Posted November 27, 2005 - 08:38 AM

Bomax, did your Canadian model have all the restrictors( exhaust, jetting) that the US bikes have?

• JCORMI

Posted November 29, 2005 - 09:52 AM

[quote name='bomax']i got my 06 a few weeks back,its now a motard on the street,but you can wire it all up easily.

Did you buy a dual sport kit to accomplish this?

• bcs

Posted November 29, 2005 - 01:25 PM

5. 28 litres GYT-R, ~400 kms range

Matty, is that for real?? Yamaha makes a tank that big? That's about 7 gallons. :applause: That would be sweet for some serious Baja adventure riding.

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 29, 2005 - 02:11 PM

Aqualine in Sydney Australia makes those big tanks for the DRZ, WR, BRP, KTM, KLX etc! :applause:

Posted ImagePosted Image

• ARin

Posted November 29, 2005 - 02:14 PM

apparently only sold via yamaha austrailia.
http://www.yamaha-mo...0-25-AQ-250.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.