Some Tim Ferry News from MXA

5 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 25, 2005 - 02:20 PM

TIM FERRY - DOWN TO TWO TEAMS?

(11/17)
(11/17/2005)

Windham has already signed to ride red for a few more years. Fonseca will also ride Hondas. Voss will be alongside Reed at Yamaha. For all intents and purposes, the door is almost shut on the silly season and wild rumors (at least for the time being). However, there is one name still reverberated between owners and team managers - Tim Ferry. “Red Dog,” who has spent the past few years soaking up the sweet life as a factory rider, is heading elsewhere for 2006. But where? After extensive time off from knee and wrist surgery, Ferry has been in heavy negotiations with several top privateer teams. Tim has been at the top of the most wanted list, but he still hasn’t signed his John Hancock to any contract. It now appears that he has whittled his choices down to two, those being either with Moto XXX/Honda or a Kawasaki/Pro Circuit deal. In either case Tim will be contesting the 250 class both indoors and out.

• ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 25, 2005 - 02:24 PM

In reality, I think he's done.

I just dont see him staying with the top riders anymore. No matter what color he's on.

• bmeador

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:44 PM

Have A little faith in the Ol' RED DOG! He can still hang outdoors. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted November 26, 2005 - 06:15 AM

If he can stay healthy, I think he'll still be able to hang with the top bunch. But I just hope he can stay healthy long enough to get into shape and race.

• rdefonce

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:51 PM

In reality, I think he's done.

I just dont see him staying with the top riders anymore. No matter what color he's on.

True, RED DOG may not ever get any more wins, but top 5 finishes count for a lot when it comes to marketing value . . . he's got some of those left in him!

• 642MX

Posted November 29, 2005 - 05:12 PM

True, RED DOG may not ever get any more wins, but top 5 finishes count for a lot when it comes to marketing value . . . he's got some of those left in him!

I think he can still run up front. Your right winning isn't everything, Windham doesn't win that much and he sells bikes. From a marketing stand point, a top 10 rider who is good with the fans will sell more bikes than a champion with piss poor PR skills.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.