how much oil?

5 replies to this topic
  • MTRSPORTDAN

Posted November 25, 2005 - 12:23 PM

I just picked up a 03 wr450 wednesday night and I don't have a manual. Does anyone have that can tell me what it says. How much with filter and how much with out? Also I know someone was saying something about the filter, that the 426 filter is better to use? Thanks in advance, Dan

• bg10459

Posted November 25, 2005 - 12:53 PM

It's just under 1 quart when you change the oil only and just over a quart when you change the filter also, can't remember exactly how much. But there is a link somewhere around here to a .pdf manual, I can't remember where it is either though. Sorry to be such a tremendous help :applause: .
As far as the 426 filter goes, I don't think it's a great idea. From what I've been reading, it doesn't filter nearly as well as the paper filters. If you're looking for re-usable filters, there has been nothing but good said about the scotts stainless filter, which has been said to filter close to or better than the paper.

• rich1167

Posted November 25, 2005 - 12:55 PM

My 05 manual says 1.06 US Qt without filter change and 1.16 US Qt with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted November 25, 2005 - 01:03 PM

About 1.2 qts

• BajaFool

Posted November 25, 2005 - 01:29 PM

MTRSPORTDAN,
Oil change without filter change is 34 Oz. and with filter change is 37 Oz. Go to this link
http://www.501.co.za/wr450.htm for the Service and Assembly Manuals for the 2003 Yamaha WR450F. Please don't turn me in to the copyright police. :applause:

• MTRSPORTDAN

Posted November 25, 2005 - 02:20 PM

I can't believe it is only over 1 qt. My 426 was almost 2 qt. Thanks for all the help, Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.