*dork*

11 replies to this topic
  • yamajoe

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:50 AM

You guys may think I'm the biggest dork ever, A few months back I ordered an 06 yz450 se(black and yellow) I'm getting the only one sold through the dealership, and i know thats not a line of shit because the salesmen is also my highschool buddy. Anyways since then I have been trying to wait very patiently, and in the mean time I've been buying all the yellow and black racing stuff. I mean I have the jersey, pants, gloves, bags, hats, lether jacket, shirts etc. just about everything in that style! So I may be a complete dork with too much money, but I will look damn good on the track when I jump over people, ha ha. :applause:

• phat_450f

Posted November 25, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Or they jump over you....I guess its always good to look good as well. Its all in how you take pride in yourself and your ride. I know alot of people who take care of there machines and there equipment. I also know a few who just dont give a crap as well. Which doesnt mean anything I also am one who likes to look decent when I am riding.

• XriderR00

Posted November 25, 2005 - 10:20 AM

That's what I did when I transformed my yzf with the hurricane kit.. now im switching back to blue :applause:

• MotoGoalie

Posted November 25, 2005 - 12:09 PM

You guys may think I'm the biggest dork ever, A few months back I ordered an 06 yz450 se(black and yellow) I'm getting the only one sold through the dealership, and i know thats not a line of shit because the salesmen is also my highschool buddy. Anyways since then I have been trying to wait very patiently, and in the mean time I've been buying all the yellow and black racing stuff. I mean I have the jersey, pants, gloves, bags, hats, lether jacket, shirts etc. just about everything in that style! So I may be a complete dork with too much money, but I will look damn good on the track when I jump over people, ha ha. :applause:

As long as you're having fun, what's the problem. Frankly, I'd welcome back all yellow and black plastic all the time from here on out.

• shigbie

Posted November 25, 2005 - 12:19 PM

We all work hard and theres nothing better than to spoil yourself. I ordered the yellows SE too...the gear will have to come later.

You are not a dork, just a deserving MX rider. (just keep tellling yourself that)

• bg10459

Posted November 25, 2005 - 01:01 PM

Don't let anyone fool you. You are a dork.
Real men ride in sneakers, ripped jeans and sleeveless T shirts :applause:

If only it were easier to convey sarcasm in type. Then I wouldn't be such a dork.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONLY4STROKES

Posted November 25, 2005 - 02:25 PM

I personally cannot stand the yellow YZF's.

Yellow belongs on Suzuki's...maybe its just me.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 25, 2005 - 03:15 PM

I personally cannot stand the yellow YZF's.

Yellow belongs on Suzuki's...maybe its just me.

You must be relativley young....

I think the Hurricane style YZ's are the best looking bikes made.

• Satch0922

Posted November 25, 2005 - 05:28 PM

You must be relativley young....

I think the Hurricane style YZ's are the best looking bikes made.

exactly......

Posted Image

• KiwiRacer

Posted November 25, 2005 - 06:15 PM

It makes me laugh about what people think you have to look like when out on yer bike, I've got red acerbis gear & ride a yamaha, I've had people ask me why my gear is red & why I don't have blue gear??, Then I get the " did you used to ride a Honda"??? " No... I just like red gear!! :ride: Does anybody remember Keith bowen's Tuff racing KX's, They had Orange radiator covers with green fenders etc, That bike really stood out on the track. :applause:

• aedwards07

Posted November 25, 2005 - 06:39 PM

It makes me laugh about what people think you have to look like when out on yer bike, I've got red acerbis gear & ride a yamaha, I've had people ask me why my gear is red & why I don't have blue gear??, Then I get the " did you used to ride a Honda"??? " No... I just like red gear!! :ride: Does anybody remember Keith bowen's Tuff racing KX's, They had Orange radiator covers with green fenders etc, That bike really stood out on the track. :applause:

Dont forget about the Pro circuit bikes back in either 01 or 02 when they were like 5 different colors.I remember they were red,green,blue,black,and white.Man that had to be the uglyest bike I ever saw.

• schuon

Posted November 26, 2005 - 02:04 PM

those yellow one industries retro kits for yzf's look awsome. you aint a dork.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.