Are SDG seats harder than stock?

7 replies to this topic
  • XriderR00

Posted November 25, 2005 - 08:56 AM

quick question.. Are the SDG seats for the yz450 harder than stock yamaha 450 seats? I know the one industries one is, i found this out after I bought it so i'm looking for a softer seat.

• chrismxer

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:05 AM

Call gutz-racing and order the standard seat foam. It's softer than stock and you get to keep the best seat cover they make for a yamaha!! I havn't tried the soft but the standard seems to be just right.

• XriderR00

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:19 AM

Call gutz-racing and order the standard seat foam. It's softer than stock and you get to keep the best seat cover they make for a yamaha!! I havn't tried the soft but the standard seems to be just right.

By standard do you mean medium ?

http://gutsracing.co...ahaorderpg.html
bottom of the page

• mikedabike

Posted November 25, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yes and no. The stock seat foam isn't hard it is too soft. You bottom out on the seat base. The SDG is firmer than stock but offers more support. My ass was very happy when I went from stock to the SDG.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted November 25, 2005 - 05:23 PM

they are a "tad" softer than the stock seat but not much.

• SM421

Posted November 25, 2005 - 08:25 PM

Don't know if this will help but I tried a Tall SDG seat on a CRF450. At first it had a similar firmness to the stock seat (but taller). After about a month of use, it got real soft. So soft in-fact that I no longer considered it a Tall seat since I sank so far into it. IMO the SDG foam just doesn't stand up and I will never waste my money on another one.

• XriderR00

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:02 PM

Mixed responses here :applause:

• XriderR00

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:10 PM

I ride Trails so I definitely wouldn't mind the softer seat, although I do stand the majority of the time. There's a stock complete seat on ebay right now that I'm going to try to win, but I still have this like new one industries complete seat with brand new black/blue gripper cover is anyone is interested.. Its more firm than stock foam

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.