Any east coast 450's yet?

66 replies to this topic
  • SCIENCE

Posted December 12, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Bump, anyone on the east coast yet?

As of today, the dealer I was second on the list at, still hasn't delivered his first one yet! He's still not sure of an exact date! &%$#@!!

• yamahaboy99

Posted December 12, 2005 - 01:20 PM

What dealer you getting yours from science?

• Lizard 1

Posted December 12, 2005 - 02:06 PM

Got mine last Wednesday. VIN# 000092!!!

Anyone know how to redo your post count? I changed emails and now, I am back to square 1 with only 1 post... Sorrt to be OT...

• SCIENCE

Posted December 13, 2005 - 07:47 AM

What dealer you getting yours from science?

I was second on the list at a dealer outside of Philadelphia. I chose not to wait way back in August and bought an '06 CRF. I had sold my '04 and wanted to get some riding in this fall early winter. I keep in contact w/the Yamaha dealer as I have bought numerous bikes form him over the past 10 years. He is as frustrated as most of us (esp east coasters) w/regards to the late delivery of the fourstrokes.

• supad48

Posted December 13, 2005 - 11:59 AM

i picked up mine saturday in MA. jetting way to lean for 40 degree weather!

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 13, 2005 - 01:16 PM

im getting 450SE on FRIDAY, ill be picking it up at the airport. ill be sure to post some pic when i get her home.

pS, i got it from www.generationmx.com harry is a great guy to work with and sells the cheap.

• xtreme165

Posted December 14, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Well the 12th has come and gone and still no bike. :applause: :cry: :bonk: Anyone else on the east coast have any luck yet?

• yamahaboy99

Posted December 14, 2005 - 08:26 AM

xtreme where are you getting your bike from? My dealer told me that basically all the states surrounding PA has them...lol

• xtreme165

Posted December 14, 2005 - 08:41 AM

Bentley's. Figure's the great keystone state would be last. Prob. the crappy pot hole roads, tax's on everything and all the political corruptness keeping them from arriving in Pa. :applause: Should of just bought one from Andrew's out in OH but if I did then Pa would of got them and everyone in OH would be waiting as this is my luck. Man Yamaha is lucky I have a 03 to ride now or I would be on a KXF as I'm impatient as I'm sure alot are and are buying other brands because of the delay (:bonk: Yamaha). Hopefully the 06 will be as good as my 03 and I'll never have to work on it either.

• SCIENCE

Posted December 14, 2005 - 09:31 AM

Bentley's. Figure's the great keystone state would be last. Prob. the crappy pot hole roads, tax's on everything and all the political corruptness keeping them from arriving in Pa. :applause: Should of just bought one from Andrew's out in OH but if I did then Pa would of got them and everyone in OH would be waiting as this is my luck. Man Yamaha is lucky I have a 03 to ride now or I would be on a KXF as I'm impatient as I'm sure alot are and are buying other brands because of the delay (:bonk: Yamaha). Hopefully the 06 will be as good as my 03 and I'll never have to work on it either.

Nice! I couldn't agree with you more regarding PA. However, after living here over 15 years there are some positives.
While the topic has been 'beat to death', (present company included) I still can't believe how Yamaha missed the boat w/this late delivery. Their sales would have been so much better if these things were available early fall. Coupled now w/Reedy's (he should be on the 2 stroke for SX!) so-so WSX rides on the beast and those non-Yamaha loyalist - fence riders will most surely be on other brands. I'm one of the impatient ones that didn't want to wait 5 + months to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xtreme165

Posted December 14, 2005 - 10:14 AM

Nice! I couldn't agree with you more regarding PA. However, after living here over 15 years there are some positives.
While the topic has been 'beat to death', (present company included) I still can't believe how Yamaha missed the boat w/this late delivery. Their sales would have been so much better if these things were available early fall. Coupled now w/Reedy's (he should be on the 2 stroke for SX!) so-so WSX rides on the beast and those non-Yamaha loyalist - fence riders will most surely be on other brands. I'm one of the impatient ones that didn't want to wait 5 + months to ride.

"Yamaha missed the boat w/this late delivery" :applause:
:bonk: And it appears the boat missed Pa while delivering them to everyone else. (:cry: Yamaha on there late/lack of delivery)

• Thumper38

Posted December 14, 2005 - 10:43 AM

"Yamaha missed the boat w/this late delivery" :applause:
:bonk: And it appears the boat missed Pa while delivering them to everyone else. (:cry: Yamaha on there late/lack of delivery)

You should have gone green!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA :cry: :cry: :p

• ktmike

Posted December 14, 2005 - 02:47 PM

You all in PA don't think you are the only ones who haven't gotten them yet. I'm in south TX and still haven't gotten mine even though the guys in Dallas, Austin etc. have had them for 2 weeks or so. :applause: They better be good!

• yamahaboy99

Posted December 14, 2005 - 03:16 PM

The thing is there are NO dealers in pa with the 450s :applause: . Its starting to get depressing waiting since june for a bike that wont be here til januaryish

• bluebrapper14

Posted December 14, 2005 - 06:02 PM

I got one in today. It is sweet, but kind of a pain to check the oil. The suspension is pretty stiff, but I was only able to ride it for about 15 minutes and I only weigh 120 lbs. Here is a link with some pictures.450 pics

• xtreme165

Posted December 15, 2005 - 05:55 AM

You should have gone green!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA :applause: :bonk: :cry:

HMM, do you have trellborgs on the KXF yet? If not your waiting for spring to get here.HAHA While I'm out having a ball in the snow. At least you get to go and look and mess around with your new ride. Hopefully soon.

• Thumper38

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:04 AM

HMM, do you have trellborgs on the KXF yet? If not your waiting for spring to get here.HAHA While I'm out having a ball in the snow. At least you get to go and look and mess around with your new ride. Hopefully soon.

I know, I just don't want to destroy it yet! I am still getting her set up. Hopefully yours comes soon, boy did Yamaha miss the boat!
:applause:

• xtreme165

Posted December 15, 2005 - 06:37 AM

I know, I just don't want to destroy it yet! I am still getting her set up. Hopefully yours comes soon, boy did Yamaha miss the boat!
:applause:

Once and if it ever comes in I'm heading to the indoor out in OH if you want to go. I'll let you know if/when the thing comes in. :bonk:

• yamahaboy99

Posted December 15, 2005 - 08:23 AM

If your talking about NEMX Im in...Just let me know whats up.

• xtreme165

Posted December 15, 2005 - 08:32 AM

If your talking about NEMX Im in...Just let me know whats up.

Ya NEMX if/when I ever get the bike as my 03 is set up for winter/woods riding with trellborgs, very low gearing 13/52 so it's a pain to get it back to track form exp. the tires as they are a pain exp. once cold/stiff. Wanted to rent the place the 26th but of course not sure if I'll have the bike by then as Hepler and a few others were in as he'll be home for x-mas but it looks like we'll be going for a nice trail ride now. :bonk: :applause: :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.