going GREEN tommorow

158 replies to this topic
  • DaisyCutter

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:48 AM

&%$#@!, who uses the "search" function? Doesn't everyone enjoy hearing the same question every 72 hours?

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:48 AM

Ok, the reason i was looking in this yz forum is because i was doing a search for white plastic for my 05kx250f and i saw the heading "going green tomorrow" in the yz forum and i just had to see how some of the blue guys are reacting to a fellow brother doing the unthinkable.... going green! oh my god! when i see stuff like "I wouldn't take a Green bike if you gave it to me and told me it shot gold nuggest out of the ass end of the exhaust pipe." you dont think that some of these test riders in the mags think the same way? everyone has thier bias' and which bike they like better and which ones they hate. but how come badass blue bikes keep getting beat by a YELLOW one, and red ones previous to that? how come last year the 125's was dominated by a shitty green one? i realize thats the pro ranks and its completely different than the stockers we buy at the dealer but it doesnt matter what color you have if you cant ride it.
thanks for your time blue guys

sincerely
the green guy

I think I wrote that. :applause:

How do you get the sand out of your vagina? :bonk:

• MotoGoalie

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:51 AM

I would venture to say that you have not been honest. You know damn well that you would take any bike that shot gold nuggets, even a red one.

If it was a red one, it wouldn't be gold nuggest coming out the exhaust, it would be little shards of titanium plated valves. :applause:

• Open_Class

Posted December 28, 2005 - 09:00 AM

If it was a red one, it wouldn't be gold nuggest coming out the exhaust, it would be little shards of titanium plated valves. :bonk:

How true, how true :applause:

• Triumphs

Posted December 28, 2005 - 12:10 PM

The four speed tranny on the 03-05 was simply a five speed with first gear removed. Look at the over all gear ratios. Hey, I'll probably only use first going through the pits, but at least it's there.

Exactly. Most gears aren't even used during a moto..at least after the start. All else being equal, there is no way a 5 speed will result in more shifting then a 4 speed...particularly if the overall gearing is correct. I think Yamaha is looking at the bigger picture, where the Honda and it's five speed has been getting a lot of credit for being more versatile bike for off-road work or Motard, then the YZ or RMZ...while certainly not suffering for MX gearing either.

• Fastkid591

Posted December 28, 2005 - 01:19 PM

have fun on the green bike but, i bet you will be back on blue by 07 :applause:

oh yeah.

• falshh

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:29 PM

oh yeah.

very doubtful!I initially switched because of the 4-speed, and from reading on the 06 yz guys are saying they shift more than the 04 so that proves my point.secondly the kx is a serious bad a** bike, from what I know now I would of switched because of all the other benifits it has, I know I am comparing it to the 04 yz because that is what I had, but it doesnt seem like people are that overly excited about the 06yz, check out the kx forum people are jumping with joy in every thread on how great it is compared to there previous rides like crfs and yzs.This bike makes riding SO much easier, the bike feels so much lighter while riding I love it.Now the 06 yz may be a great bike and I know the quality is there, but why isnt everyone loving it like the kx guys are?just wandering IM not nocking it.Seriously as far as my 04 yz goes I feel like im at a huge handicap riding it, which really blows me away I never would of thought a two year difference in technology could make that much difference.
additionaly the 4-speed may be less versatile, but it wasnt designed to be versatile, it was designed STRICTLY FOR MOTOCROSS, (per kawasaki),not for trails ,desert etc.Yamaha went to 5-speed to sell to a bigger market not to make a better bike on the track gear wise ,it has already been said it takes more shifting on the track than the old 4-speed, so if you are strictly a track guy like me its a disadvantage.Guys I still like yamaha and Im keeping my 04, but, Im just being honest, the kx really surprised me on how good it is, and so far no problems on these bikes yet. :applause:

• mlight9

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:44 PM

Yamaha has have been working on the new motor and frame since 03, so you know it will be reliable. Plus it's a Yamaha, good luck with the green.

• falshh

Posted December 28, 2005 - 06:58 PM

thanks, Its been great, keep in mind kawasakis been working on there 450 for 8 years and has taken all the manafacturers mistakes and there own in mind in there design, and so far proven to be reliable.

• huntmaster

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:39 PM

One thing that I think is funny in this whole four speed versus five speed. The four speed tranny on the 03-05 was simply a five speed with first gear removed. Look at the over all gear ratios.

Absolutely. As most who have ridden both will note, first gear in the five speed is basically a low speed gear, with the last four very comparable to the 4 spd. With the CRF's success (with 80% sold for non-MX use) there is no drawback to the five speed for MX, while it is far superior for almost everything else. I'm sure Yamaha was paying attention! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted December 28, 2005 - 07:56 PM

The reason all the Kawasaki riders love the new KX450F is because it's the first 450 ...there is no comparison to a previous model.

all the 450f are great bikes....

• falshh

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:17 PM

Absolutely. As most who have ridden both will note, first gear in the five speed is basically a low speed gear, with the last four very comparable to the 4 spd. With the CRF's success (with 80% sold for non-MX use) there is no drawback to the five speed for MX, while it is far superior for almost everything else. I'm sure Yamaha was paying attention! :applause:

you may be correct, and its really not an issue to me anymore, but if you do a search in the yz forum on the 06yz reviews guys are giving it has been said numerous times, the guys like it but that they shift more on the track as compared to there 04 or 05 they had, I dont care what the gearing in the book says, the fact is guys are shifting more which is not what I wanted, but like I said before after your ride a kx I wouldnt care if it had 10 gears, the other benifets far outweigh anything else.

• falshh

Posted December 28, 2005 - 08:20 PM

The reason all the Kawasaki riders love the new KX450F is because it's the first 450 ...there is no comparison to a previous model.

all the 450f are great bikes....

You are missing the point, they are comparing it to there previous bikes that were crfs and yzs and cant believe how much better it is, so there is a great comparison, because it involves all the other manafacturers,just check out the forum majority of guys come off of hondas or yzs.

• Triumphs

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:08 AM

With the CRF's success (with 80% sold for non-MX use) there is no drawback to the five speed for MX, while it is far superior for almost everything else. I'm sure Yamaha was paying attention!

Yes, I'm sure Yamaha was paying attention, and out to produce a much more versatile bike with a broader appeal without any loss in pure MX roles. As noted elsewhere, the "extra" gear isn't even used in MX, with 2nd-5th basically mirroring the other 4 speeds...as many riders attest to. Probably a very shrewd move for Yamaha to broaden the bikes appeal...a la CRF.

• DPW

Posted December 29, 2005 - 06:23 AM

You are missing the point, they are comparing it to there previous bikes that were crfs and yzs and cant believe how much better it is, so there is a great comparison, because it involves all the other manafacturers,just check out the forum majority of guys come off of hondas or yzs.

I see the point, but this thread is just a pi$$ing match in my opinion. I have not rode a KX450F just so that is clear, but they are comparing the new KX450F to old bikes. The shootout that RacerX did...BFD. All shootuts do is validate Johnny Public's purchase and make them feel good that they bought the best bike or worst. All the 450F's are great bikes for probably 85% of the people on this forum. Go to practice at any local track and the biggest practice class is the B Class or slower class. So the fact that some pro on RacerX thinks AVDS450F is the best bike means jack...to me. I am so happy you KX guys all love your bikes, I can sleep better at night.

I bet if Yamaha had been using a 5-speed for the past three years you would see a 5-speed in the the new KX450F too.

• falshh

Posted December 29, 2005 - 04:50 PM

I see the point, but this thread is just a pi$$ing match in my opinion. I have not rode a KX450F just so that is clear, but they are comparing the new KX450F to old bikes. The shootout that RacerX did...BFD. All shootuts do is validate Johnny Public's purchase and make them feel good that they bought the best bike or worst. All the 450F's are great bikes for probably 85% of the people on this forum. Go to practice at any local track and the biggest practice class is the B Class or slower class. So the fact that some pro on RacerX thinks AVDS450F is the best bike means jack...to me. I am so happy you KX guys all love your bikes, I can sleep better at night.

I bet if Yamaha had been using a 5-speed for the past three years you would see a 5-speed in the the new KX450F too.

I agree with all of that, and I also bet the kx will be a 5-speed soon so they can sell more bikes, it would be better for sales for sure, although kawi did say this bike is specifically designed to be for motocross only and absolutely no other forms of riding was considered in the design.but obviously from yamahas experience that doesnt sell a lot of bikes, and probably why honda sold more 450 than most before.personaly I hope it stays a 4-speed.

one thing I am amazed by is how that last couple of years the technology of 4-strokes have come a long way in a short amount of time.bikes are so much nicer to ride now.

• RAMARION

Posted December 30, 2005 - 09:47 AM

I agree with all of that, and I also bet the kx will be a 5-speed soon so they can sell more bikes, it would be better for sales for sure, although kawi did say this bike is specifically designed to be for motocross only and absolutely no other forms of riding was considered in the design.but obviously from yamahas experience that doesnt sell a lot of bikes, and probably why honda sold more 450 than most before.personaly I hope it stays a 4-speed.

one thing I am amazed by is how that last couple of years the technology of 4-strokes have come a long way in a short amount of time.bikes are so much nicer to ride now.

reg: the 4 speed, I loved 4 speed on my 03 YZ. I wish the YZ had the 4 spd (4 me at least) The 5 speed on the 2006 YZ vs 05 CRF 450 with stock gearing is a little wider. I not shifthing as much with the YZ as I had to on the CRF. I did re-gear the CRF to accommodate my style of riding (less shifting = fun in my book), but than nothing compared to my 03 with 15/47, I ran every track in one gear :applause: thats my old man gearing.
The only reason Yami changed to a 5 speeder was for John Q public, which is a smart business decision.
We all can agreed on, just pick any color 450.......there all GREAT!!!!

PS, all shootout's are based upon a stock bike.............,most people get their bike set up to their own personnel needs (susp, pipe, gearing, bars etc) with that said, ANY BIKE WILL RIP............ :bonk:

• johntt4

Posted December 30, 2005 - 04:14 PM

New MXA stated that the 2006 yz450f is the best 4 stroke 450 ever made.(feb. 2006 issue)

• Open_Class

Posted December 30, 2005 - 04:17 PM

New MXA stated that the 2006 yz450f is the best 4 stroke 450 ever made.(feb. 2006 issue)

not surprising.

• RAMARION

Posted December 30, 2005 - 04:51 PM

No one has too tell me that...........I own one and once I rode it I knew, bone stock it the best riding 450 I've ever ridden.............

I'll tell you right now, DB Mag and all other mags that have not stated their opinion yet will pick it #1 also................. you will only believe it, when you swing your own leg over it........... the bike flat out RIPS .......STOCK!!!!!!

after saying that.......pick any color, set it up to your liking and go RIDE!!!!!

I can't wait for two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whats NEXT???????? :applause: :bonk:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.