going GREEN tommorow

158 replies to this topic
  • DPW

Posted November 27, 2005 - 02:21 PM

I am riding one here in about 5 hours....I will let you know what I think! :applause: (right DPW? )

I was waiting...Satuday and Sunday...

Anyway I have been riding the YZ450 since Nov. '02 and I liked the four speed alot. I ride just MX tracks. I now have three days of riding on my new 5-speed YZ450 and no complaints or shifting 100 times a lap. I honestly do not even notice it, 5 gear is overdrive! I'm still in third gear most of the time.

Congrats on the new KX450F sounds like a great bike!

• DPW

Posted November 27, 2005 - 02:25 PM

why do you have to go 06? I just got an 05 yz450f for $5500 OTD. taking it on the track for the first time when the sun comes up.

There really is no comparison between the '05 and '06 YZ450F, the '06 is completely different in a good way!

Congrats on the '05...very fun bike! :applause:

• Satch0922

Posted November 27, 2005 - 03:31 PM

I was waiting...Satuday and Sunday...
!

yes I know LOL But better that not too many people joyride on it the first weekend! :applause:

• Satch0922

Posted November 27, 2005 - 03:33 PM

Did you notice Burners works bike Satch in the new Transworld. Different frame than what is production.

Erik

Erik...so that is frame number 3 for the KX450 in the past 18 months?
:applause:

• DPW

Posted November 27, 2005 - 03:33 PM

yes I know LOL But better that not too many people joyride on it the first weekend! :applause:

There where only two joyrides yesterday and both came back with big grins!

• NOMADAK

Posted November 27, 2005 - 05:11 PM

Falssh,

Take all of the criticism with a grain of salt. I think all of us are just sad to see a Yamaha guy go green.

Oh hell, no! Buy Green, you bastage, more '06 YZF450's for the rest of us and somene to lap on the track now. woo hoo

Just kidding! :applause:

• falshh

Posted November 27, 2005 - 05:27 PM

yea I hear you :applause: I think its funny to see everyone go at it,I do still have my 04 yz and will be riding that alot also so ill still be in the forum!

Ill be honest the main reason I went to kawasaki is when you click on the forum section of this website you dont have to scroll down as far to get to the forum!!

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted November 28, 2005 - 07:44 AM

Good for you. I had a chance to see and ride a KX450F at the track last weekend. They are great bikes. I was amazed at how slim the KXF450 looks and feels. In all honestly, it feels like a 250F with a WHOLE lot more whoop Ass...

• velosapiens

Posted November 28, 2005 - 09:10 AM

Ill be honest the main reason I went to kawasaki is when you click on the forum section of this website you dont have to scroll down as far to get to the forum!!

lol, that right there is funny.

even for occasional track use the kxf is out for me because of the 4-speeds. that 5-speed yz is sure looking like a potential bike for dezert and scrambles tho.

• Open_Class

Posted November 28, 2005 - 09:40 AM

I'm not particularly brand loyal per se, look at my sig but I am brand specific in my hate. I wouldn't take a Green bike if you gave it to me and told me it shot gold nuggest out of the ass end of the exhaust pipe.

So, adding an extra gear to make the bike more versatile on track and on trail is a bad thing? :p :ride: :applause:

I would venture to say that you have not been honest. You know damn well that you would take any bike that shot gold nuggets, even a red one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Open_Class

Posted November 28, 2005 - 09:43 AM

What I am saying is that Yamaha has never had reliablility problems with any recently released new model. Kawasaki has, it's as easy as that.

You must be over looking the crank issues on the 250F a couple of years ago?

• Open_Class

Posted November 28, 2005 - 09:57 AM

falshh, I too switched to the green machines for 2006 and am loving them!

I originally started racing again in 2000 and that meant 426 with a compression release and tdc to start. Any of you remember that?? Man, I am not missing those days. You did not want to stall that bike.

Rode/raced new yami's every year until finally switching to the Honda in 04, because the 03 YZ450 left my hands bloody after every ride. I mean they where literally bloody and blistered.

My big mistake was the 05 CRF450. Never could make that front end work very well.

Love the Yami's and the yellow one this year looks fantastic. I have never liked the way the blue plastic looks like crap after you roll it off the floor. Wish they would go white or even back to yellow.

Ultimately had to go green this year as Kawasaki is in their up cycle where they spend all the money, time, technology, to climb to the top of the heap. they typically will then coast for a few years, but it's good to be with them on the up swing.

• ncmountainman

Posted November 28, 2005 - 10:54 AM

One thing that I think is funny in this whole four speed versus five speed. The four speed tranny on the 03-05 was simply a five speed with first gear removed. Look at the over all gear ratios. Hey, I'll probably only use first going through the pits, but at least it's there. Maybe I'm just a positive thinker, but I would rather have too many gears than not enough.

5th gear on the 426 is a little taller(i guess thats what your comparing to)than 4th on the 03+,and the 4 spd gears are also a bit larger than the old 5 spds. i'm one of the freaks that prefers a 4 spd for HS :crazy:throw in a rekluse and some fww,13/52's and it seems to suit me better than my wr did with the same setup. much less searching for gears :applause:

• walent215

Posted November 28, 2005 - 06:15 PM

falshh, I too switched to the green machines for 2006 and am loving them!

I originally started racing again in 2000 and that meant 426 with a compression release and tdc to start. Any of you remember that?? Man, I am not missing those days. You did not want to stall that bike.

Rode/raced new yami's every year until finally switching to the Honda in 04, because the 03 YZ450 left my hands bloody after every ride. I mean they where literally bloody and blistered.

My big mistake was the 05 CRF450. Never could make that front end work very well.

Love the Yami's and the yellow one this year looks fantastic. I have never liked the way the blue plastic looks like crap after you roll it off the floor. Wish they would go white or even back to yellow.

Ultimately had to go green this year as Kawasaki is in their up cycle where they spend all the money, time, technology, to climb to the top of the heap. they typically will then coast for a few years, but it's good to be with them on the up swing.

did you try offset clamps on the honda?if so which ones 20 or 22?just curious as i just bought a used 05 honda with the rg3 20's and it seems to turn pretty good.

• Open_Class

Posted November 28, 2005 - 11:03 PM

I never did put the offset on. I rode a buddies with them and they did not eliminate the issue I was having with general nervousness i sweeping corners and the inclination to want to stand up in the tight ruts.

they did help a lot with the flat corner push though

• felony

Posted November 30, 2005 - 07:27 PM

i have a built 426 that i do strictly moto with,i heard it had a 5th gear even though i dont use it on a track,its nice to have it though i guess.im glad yamai went back to a 5 spd.

• astrnaughtwanabe

Posted December 26, 2005 - 12:21 PM

Ok, the reason i was looking in this yz forum is because i was doing a search for white plastic for my 05kx250f and i saw the heading "going green tomorrow" in the yz forum and i just had to see how some of the blue guys are reacting to a fellow brother doing the unthinkable.... going green! oh my god! when i see stuff like "I wouldn't take a Green bike if you gave it to me and told me it shot gold nuggest out of the ass end of the exhaust pipe." you dont think that some of these test riders in the mags think the same way? everyone has thier bias' and which bike they like better and which ones they hate. but how come badass blue bikes keep getting beat by a YELLOW one, and red ones previous to that? how come last year the 125's was dominated by a shitty green one? i realize thats the pro ranks and its completely different than the stockers we buy at the dealer but it doesnt matter what color you have if you cant ride it.
thanks for your time blue guys

sincerely
the green guy

• Ga426owner

Posted December 26, 2005 - 12:51 PM

Ok, the reason i was looking in this yz forum is because i was doing a search for white plastic for my 05kx250f and i saw the heading "going green tomorrow" in the yz forum and i just had to see how some of the blue guys are reacting to a fellow brother doing the unthinkable.... going green! oh my god! when i see stuff like "I wouldn't take a Green bike if you gave it to me and told me it shot gold nuggest out of the ass end of the exhaust pipe." you dont think that some of these test riders in the mags think the same way? everyone has thier bias' and which bike they like better and which ones they hate. but how come badass blue bikes keep getting beat by a YELLOW one, and red ones previous to that? how come last year the 125's was dominated by a shitty green one? i realize thats the pro ranks and its completely different than the stockers we buy at the dealer but it doesnt matter what color you have if you cant ride it.
thanks for your time blue guys

sincerely
the green guy

So why were you here looking for white plastic for a green bike?

• perrymx23

Posted December 26, 2005 - 03:01 PM

A friend of mine is going green this year too. He said the 07 are going to be totally different.

22's and spinners. :applause: :bonk:

• astrnaughtwanabe

Posted December 27, 2005 - 08:55 PM

I found this forum because i went to the top of the thumpertalk webpage and clicked on "search" and typed in "white plastic" and i didnt read all 7pages but i suppose someone wrote about plastic or white something so this particular forum showed up on the search results.. and i saw the headline and had to see what the yamaha guys thought about a fellow brother goin green, and why am i looking for white plastic? probally the same reason people want yellow plastic on their yamaha, or black on their other brand bikes...

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.