06' 450's IN VEGAS

13 replies to this topic
  • ibleedblu

Posted November 24, 2005 - 08:17 AM

:applause: At Desert Only Yamaha / motorcycle world has two 06' 450's that are NOT SOLD YET! thought maybe someone in cali or utah would like to know cuz, you wouldnt have to pay sells tax if you bought out of state.... :ride:

• aedwards07

Posted November 24, 2005 - 12:35 PM

Blue or Yellow?

• ibleedblu

Posted November 24, 2005 - 03:20 PM

Blue, Is the one that i seen. :applause: Might have a yellow one, I got a blue one but getting yellow plastics. :ride:

• Pukeballs

Posted November 25, 2005 - 04:01 PM

I was thinking about getting yellow plastic for my blue 05. My only concern is the blue frame. Dont you think it would look strange? Yellow plastic and a blue frame? Talked to a guy about powder coating the frame black, but that would involve a ton of work breaking apart the bike.

Post a pic of it if you do get the yellow plastic. Wanna see what it looks like.

• johntt4

Posted November 25, 2005 - 04:07 PM

New frame is aluminum(silver). Plastic color won't clash no matter what it is.

• Pukeballs

Posted November 25, 2005 - 05:02 PM

Ahhh. Thats right. :applause:

• perrymx23

Posted November 25, 2005 - 07:32 PM

I'm having my frame on my 04 450 powder coated black and installing the hurricane kit. Also going with yellow/black air box and number plate decals. Got some ideas about other areas. Will post some pics when done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pincushion

Posted November 25, 2005 - 08:09 PM

Just got back from Vegas today :applause:

No sales tax, eh??? I'd have to pay Cali tax on teh purchase price when I registered it, but I'd pay tax here anyways.

• BergArabia

Posted November 25, 2005 - 09:38 PM

I'd have to pay Cali tax on teh purchase price when I registered it, but I'd pay tax here anyways.

I haven't registered my YZ here in Dubai.. No problems.
But I take it that this is a big deal in California.. Red stickers, Green Stickers.

Supposing you took a bike out in the wildernness and started riding without a sticker, or supposing you owned a large property (say a farm) on which you had a track which you rode hard on.. Who is going to tell you otherwise? Please excuse my ignorance if this seems a particularly stupid question...

Here in UAE we do what we want as long as we are not on the highway. Even there we can ride past the police speeding and they just look the other way.. God I love this country... :applause: :ride:

So in California who is going to give you grief, the police, or some park ranger types or what??

• Pincushion

Posted November 27, 2005 - 06:31 AM

So in California who is going to give you grief, the police, or some park ranger types or what??

Yep. The rangers in Cali love writing citations.
I usually spend my time in the desert and haven't seen a ranger in 3 years, but all the smaller (& busier) parks seem to attract the idiots and then the rangers with ticket books in hand.

• motoclay

Posted November 27, 2005 - 04:42 PM

whats the deal with the yellow yami?? &%$#@!!!! I think it looks totally retarded, if i wanted a yellow bike, i would buy a Zuk. It looks all retro, i have never understood the whole Hannah kit deal!!

• SureBlue

Posted November 27, 2005 - 07:55 PM

whats the deal with the yellow yami?? &%$#@!!!! I think it looks totally retarded, if i wanted a yellow bike, i would buy a Zuk. It looks all retro, i have never understood the whole Hannah kit deal!!

I had ridden a yellow yamaha 10 years before your birth sot there is something with the yellow you cannot understand. So keep your retarded comments to your own. You are in the wrong forum in case you did not notice. :applause:
Posted Image

• BREAKROOMMANAGER

Posted November 27, 2005 - 08:08 PM

World Motorcycles on Boulder Hwy. had a yellow 250f and a yellow 450f last week when I was there and several blue bikes.

I run the Hurricane kit on my YZ250 because to me "If it ain't yellow,It ain't a yamaha"
I grew up on the yellow YZ's and have never been a huge fan of the blue bikes.I will say this though...If I were to be buying a new 450f,I would buy a blue one and install the Hurricane kit because I think it looks better than yamahas graphics.You'll save money on a blue one and you will also have the stock blue plastics to install on it when you sell it...They're getting premiums for the S.E.'s

• CRFThumper

Posted November 28, 2005 - 04:55 AM

Out here they are getting 200.00 more for the se.Doesn't seem out of line to me.I payed 6300.00 for mine and hope to get it this week! :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.