D.I.D. silent timing chain vs. stock?

4 replies to this topic
  • keitzn

Posted November 24, 2005 - 08:10 AM

whats up everybody. i got one for ya. im replacing my timing chain on my 03' yz450f bacause it was making alota noise. well my buddy is replacing his also on his 03' quadsport z400. he is going with a DID silent chain ($79.99) and i am going with a stock yamaha chain ($14.99). should i go with the silent???

• MNellis

Posted November 24, 2005 - 08:29 AM

I've never heard of D.I.D's silent chain but why don't you give it a try and let us know if it makes a difference.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted November 24, 2005 - 05:34 PM

I thought the Yamaha OEM chain was the only chain available?

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 24, 2005 - 07:18 PM

OEM chains have been fine so you can't go wrong with one of those, Feel free to drop $80 if you like but please let us know how it works if you do.

• keitzn

Posted November 24, 2005 - 07:20 PM

did that quite it down. how do you like the rekluse and hot cams. im installing intake and exhaust hot cams while im doing the timing chain and putting an off road gyt-r flywheel on. let me know!!!

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.