2000 WR 400 mods?

2 replies to this topic
  • amerrill130

Posted November 23, 2005 - 11:03 PM

Hey guys if you could help me out. I have a 2000 wr 400, have done a couple of mods to it but am wondering if there are any other mods to do to get more power out of the bike. So far i have filed the throttle stop, took the air box restricter off, and thats it. Is there anything else i can do to have more fun while trying to pass my buddies? I found a couple of posts but don't really understand what everyone is talking about. So if someone can fill me in on what some of the things do to the bike, like the power now, JD kit, etc. Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted November 23, 2005 - 11:35 PM

PowerNow: Fits into the intake and/or outlet bell of the carb and concentrates the airflow during partial throttle openings to give better initial throttle response.

JD Kit: Model-specific jet and needle kit with custom tapered needles. Considered by most to be one of the best add-ons for tuning the Keihin carb properly. Buy it before any other intake mod. Then get a better flowing aftermarket pipe...SC

• amerrill130

Posted November 24, 2005 - 06:58 PM

i have a fmf powercore 4, and an fmf Q for the state parks, what else do you recommend? what about the grey wire and other mods? Thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.