Neutral switch cover plate

2 replies to this topic
  • Scott

Posted December 29, 2000 - 10:04 PM

Through the advise of many on this forum, I installed a Terry Cable neutral switch cover plate some time ago. Looks very cool, fit perfectly, got rid of unnecessary wires...

I noticed yesterday that oil has been leaking from behind this plate. For those of you who are using this product, did you install a gasket or seal along with the plate? One did not come with it and I'm wondering if using the seal from the original neutral switch will work.

------------------
99WR,WR timing,throttle stop removed,Uni filter,E-Series pipe,carbon air box,Pro Tapers,lights removed,YZ tank,13 tooth sprocket

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted December 29, 2000 - 06:34 PM

I seem to remember that it used an o-ring??? I can't remember if I had to use the o-ring from the original switch or if it came with a new one though.

------------------
MotoGreg - Posted Image
'92 GSXR 7/11 (Until I get a groovy 996 or GSXR1000)
'99 YZ/WR400F 'cause thumpers rule and two strokes drool!

• Scott_F

Posted December 29, 2000 - 09:20 PM

You're supposed to reuse the stock o-ring. I just cut off the wires and reuse the stock plastic piece.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.