ARC MX220V Boots

9 replies to this topic
  • shorty87

Posted November 23, 2005 - 05:52 PM

I want to buy a new pair of boots. Has anybody tried these? If so, how are they holding up? And how are the sizes compared to other boots? I ususally wear a 9½, so I mostly have to wear 10's. All the other ARC stuff I've ordered seems to be big

• ARin

Posted November 23, 2005 - 07:02 PM

i have heard that they are of good quality and a good value, but not much else.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 23, 2005 - 08:14 PM

Rocky Mountain seems to offer very nice stuff. I have not heard much negative about any of their stuff. I havent tried the boots though, I love my SG10's way too much. :applause:

• Nodrog

Posted November 24, 2005 - 03:57 AM

I agree on the Gaerne SG10's - Damn fine boots , even if they are a bit on the expensive side , but then again it's like choosing Helmets - $10 Helmet for a $ 10 Dollar Head - $10 Boots for .....- I'm sure you get the picture .Don't be shy , when choosing your kit , rather spend more and get the quality stuff .

• clark4131

Posted November 24, 2005 - 06:48 AM

I had been an Alpinestars man all my life, then I tried a pair of Gaerne SG-10's. They were like putting on a pair of house slippers in comparison. The Gaerne's are the best boots I've ever tried. Mine required zero break-in time and the buckle mechanism is the best I've ever seen. I got mine on eBay for a little under $200, so keep an eye out. They're worth twice that much!..SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shorty87

Posted November 24, 2005 - 10:21 AM

thanks for all your input looked at sg10s nice boots but are spendy maybe look on ebay

• ARin

Posted November 24, 2005 - 12:12 PM

For the record, i also wear SG10's....because i like my feet and ankles.

• minion

Posted November 24, 2005 - 08:21 PM

thanks for all your input looked at sg10s nice boots but are spendy maybe look on ebay

I'll jump in too and say my SG10s are way better than my old Fox boots. But then again, my Fox boots were so old, they were the ones with the purple booties inside (remember those?).

But the SG10s do feel like they would protect your ankle. Very rigid where its needed, but flexible where you need to move. Trying is believing. I hate buying gear like that from a magazine; I want to try it on before I spend that kind of dough. For me it was either the SG10s or the Sidi Force SRS boots. Both boots people had LOTS of good things to say (I did an extensive search on the forums here), and quite a few people complained about broken ankles when wearing Alpinestars. I found one dealer who sold SG10s in my area, and had a pair in stock. The closest Sidi dealer was 150miles away.... So SG10s it was!

I have to say though, Thumpertalk in invaluable in this regard - you have LOTS of people here who don't get kick backs from the manufacturer for recommending their stuff *cough* magazines *cough*. So you usually get a true evaluation from people on here. If I had never read Thumpertalk, I may have bought a pair of Alpinestars instead... Why? Cuz they're marketed like crazy - its all I see and hear about. I've never seen a banner for Gaerne at the races.

• Matty05

Posted November 24, 2005 - 09:33 PM

I got fox forma pro's. The most comfortable boots I have ever had. Very well built and tough. They have saved my shin's and ankle's many a time.

My girl's fox tracker's are pretty much the same, but lots cheaper. Probably the best value boot out there.

With the fox sizing, everyone with them I know (including me) had to go 1 size bigger.

• patrickincc

Posted November 25, 2005 - 11:54 AM

I bought an ARC chest Protector, needless to say its poor quality and started to fall apart the first day I used it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.