SRC fork brace question

6 replies to this topic
  • sgtmadmax

Posted November 23, 2005 - 12:30 PM

I've been looking at the SRC fork brace for my XR650R. Anyone running one on there bike I'd like to get some feed back. Thanks :applause:

• knuklehead

Posted November 23, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Have it on my 01R,pricey but nice,very good improvement to handling of the big BRP, also you need to buy his guard kit too

• Maladjusted_XR

Posted November 23, 2005 - 03:16 PM

SRC brace has worked well for me in the rocks and roots where I ride. No twist or deflections. I didn't use the fork guards as they are POS (IMO).

There are other less expensive braces available. I'm fairly sure they all perform about the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted November 23, 2005 - 04:14 PM

http://www.superbrac...p?part_num=2257

• hill5150

Posted November 23, 2005 - 04:28 PM

SRC brace is awesome, You can mob through the heaviest terrain with ease,add Scott's forward mount and you are Johnny Campbell........ :ride: the guards have worked fine for me w/ the skins.................. :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted November 23, 2005 - 04:53 PM

I will second the notion that the SRC guards are a POS setup. The brace and the seal savers that the braces come with aren't however. I recently crashed my 650 and bent my front axle. Thought I had totalled my right fork too. Not the case as the forks were straight. I'd say that's due to the brace keeping the 2 legs in line. The handling is there. It's more of a motorcycle concept but works the same on dirtbikes. When on the road and a corner comes up the forks tend to give in the corners and cause the bikes to have uneven weight distribution. This keeps the legs in line and aids in handling.

• sgtmadmax

Posted November 23, 2005 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the SRC fork brace I'm going to order a set on Friday. I ordered the Scott set up the other day. My father in law dropped my RC-51 in the driveway :applause: I had to order the part for that so I added in a few part for my XR650 at the same time. My wife can't complain right now I've only had the RC for 2 weeks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.