06 YZ450 as a desert bike

4 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted November 23, 2005 - 10:33 AM

I am in the market for a new bike. I have never owned an MX bike as I do not ride tracks. I ride desert and trails. However, the incredible reviews of the 06 YZ450 have me thinking that this may be a good desert/trail bike as well.

Do any of you early owners ride anything other than tracks? I'd love to hear some input about the new YZ other than how it is a great MXer.

Jimbo

• GixRider

Posted November 23, 2005 - 12:18 PM

Sorry not a 450 owner but a 426 owner. I use my YZ strictly for trail riding. After riding a couple different trail bikes, I decided to stick with MX style. The power delievery is completely different and I enjoy how fast my YZ revs. Suspension wise, the front of my bike beats the crap out of me but I can handle it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LJ

Posted November 23, 2005 - 12:22 PM

If it matters for you, remember the YZ450 is not a green sticker bike.

• Jim_bo

Posted November 23, 2005 - 12:45 PM

If it matters for you, remember the YZ450 is not a green sticker bike.

I know it isn't. I would prefer a green sticker... but I have yet to run into a situation where it really matters.

Jimbo

• HotRod250F

Posted November 23, 2005 - 01:19 PM

Jim bo, although its not a 450, my 426 is the most versatile bike I've owned. I ride So Cal tracks, trails, and desert, and this bike rocks in any situation. On the track its a little porky, but I can hold my own against any 450. I was in Cal City last weekend and this bike shines out there. Next to an XR, this bike is the most reliable out there. I've owned two 426s and I've never had to adjust valves once, they're always in spec. I like the fact that all I have to worry about is changing oil and cleaning filters, the rest of my time is spent riding. Plus it's green sticker :applause:

As much as I love my 426 (and I'd hate to get rid of it), that new aluminum framed YZ 450 has my mouth watering.... :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.