Hey....Mr Bill... Little Help Please.....

7 replies to this topic
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted August 28, 2001 - 12:32 PM

Just ordered all my parts to complete the WZ conversion. Even broke down and ordered the YZ spacer and seal. I also ordered the YZ rear fender. Do I have to remove the coolant tank or will it still bolt up with the new fender. If it won't what cap should I replace the stocker....Need answer quick while the wife is handing out upgrade money...

Thanks......

Bonzai... :)

• Bill

Posted August 28, 2001 - 12:36 PM

Yamakaze,

Sorry can't help on the fender. I'm still running the dub-R rear. From what I remember about seeing mcarp's bike. You can continue to run the overflow tank. I think the difference is the side number plates having a larger "buldge" for the recovery tank.

Post the answer for all to see. I'm going to order my rear fender soon :)

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 28, 2001 - 12:41 PM

I am presently running an Acerbis YZ rear fender, with an Acerbis DOT tailight/license plate bracket. The reservoir is still on my bike an was not an issue with fit up.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 28, 2001 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Guy's...Just finished putting on the new GYT-R Aluminum hand guards and removing the headlight. Parts should arrive tomorrow.

Bill what did you do with the headlight switch when you removed the light ?

Bonzai... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TW

Posted August 28, 2001 - 01:01 PM

YAMAKAZE,

When you receive your YZ fender match it up to the wr, you have to cut a little chunk out where the braket for the overflow resevoir is attached.......TW

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 28, 2001 - 01:01 PM

Headlight wiring can be disconnected. Connector is on main frame backbone under the tank.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

• bobwombat

Posted August 28, 2001 - 01:13 PM

yamakaze: while TW mentioned he had to cut a small portion of the rear fender, i found that i didn't have to trim any of my Acerbis YZ rear fender at all. however, i DID have to trim a small portion of the left side number plate to accomodate proper fit for the overflow resevoir. my kit even had the "WR cutout" marked with lines on the inside of the side panel so a 2 min cut job did the trick. the whole YZ Acerbis kit, including the 2 fenders, 2 side number plates & the 2 front panels is really a nice, affordable package. bobwombat

• Bill

Posted August 29, 2001 - 02:55 PM

AS per the Kevster, just unplug it and tape it up real good to keep the uglies out, just in case you want to put the light back on.

Bill

I saw the pic on the other post...looking good :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.