Brand new 2006 YZ450F

No replies to this topic
  • letmein

Posted November 22, 2005 - 07:09 PM

My friend just bought the bike on Saturday and guess who was the first to ride it in the dirt... me :applause:

I have little experience with the big Yamaha and all that I can compare it to is the CRF450R, which I own. My first impression was, hey this bike starts, unlike my friends YZ426. It not that the YZ426 doesn't start, it just you have to know the recipe.

I am definitely not a fast rider... so take this review with a grain of salt. I thought the bike was awesome. We did have to rejet the bike, going from 165 to 170, which got rid of the flat spot. Also the suspension is a little harsh for my liking. It was much harsher than my CRF450 out of the box. I am sure I could have messed with the adjustments to get it better, but again it wasn't my bike. I only rode the bike for a couple hours and I can honestly say I will be looking at the Yamaha's when I decide to get a new bike. The only problem is it sure is blue :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.