Someone with an '06 YZ450 clear up the tire issue!

13 replies to this topic
  • NOMADAK

Posted November 22, 2005 - 01:37 PM

Ok, I am seeing alot of information and disinformation on which tires are actually coming on the bikes.

Pretty sure they are Dunlops but I am hoping that new OWNERS will speak up and tell us the real scoop. What tire is on the back, the model and size?

What tire is on the front, what model and size?

:applause: pretty please?

I just gots to know!!!!!!!!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 22, 2005 - 01:41 PM

739 front
756 Rear

• NOMADAK

Posted November 22, 2005 - 03:04 PM

I know what the magazines say

Ga426, no offense meant, but I want to hear from an actual owner!

• DPW

Posted November 22, 2005 - 03:11 PM

739 front
756 Rear.....what Ga426 said

http://www.dream-lea.../pics/yz450.jpg

• RAMARION

Posted November 22, 2005 - 03:55 PM

739 front
756 Rear.....what Ga426 said

http://www.dream-lea.../pics/yz450.jpg

ditto on the 06 YZ 250F

• Satch0922

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:15 PM

what difference does it make? My 05 YZ250 had 739's front and rear but 756's went on before it got it's first ride. Tire selection won't make you change your purchase of bikes will it?

DPW......SHOWOFF!!! :applause:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:43 PM

none taken - although up in Alaska this part of the year you may need tire spikes or screw tires for the snow......... I am going to be a actual owner (when it finally comes in) and I have already asked to find out - that is why I have brandspanking new Michelin MS3 Starcross Front and rear to install on it before it even gets dirty as well as Ironman front /rear sprockets and DID ERT chain...The tire size are the same as the 01-05 YZF's. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NOMADAK

Posted November 22, 2005 - 10:02 PM

I have my Limited Edition reserved through my local dealer. It is the only one they are getting. They don't want to pay flooring costs. I don't want it sitting in my garage for 4 months. I take delivery in mid Feb.

best part is $6500 otd, no taxes here in AK.

BTW. My YZ250 is staged down in Gaineville Florida right now. I am keeping it down there to do some winter training. What part of Georgia are you in?

We have several other bikes to ride the ice!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 23, 2005 - 07:05 AM

I have my Limited Edition reserved through my local dealer. It is the only one they are getting. They don't want to pay flooring costs. I don't want it sitting in my garage for 4 months. I take delivery in mid Feb.

best part is $6500 otd, no taxes here in AK.

BTW. My YZ250 is staged down in Gaineville Florida right now. I am keeping it down there to do some winter training. What part of Georgia are you in?

We have several other bikes to ride the ice!

I am about 20 miles north of Atlanta - Florida is the place to train. Very flat - and sandy but warm temps there. Ga has the hills

• revolucien

Posted November 23, 2005 - 08:23 AM

I am about 20 miles north of Atlanta - Florida is the place to train. Very flat - and sandy but warm temps there. Ga has the hills

I am heading up to that area this weekend to pick up a street bike in a town called Kennesaw. What tracks or trails do they have around there?

• NOMADAK

Posted November 23, 2005 - 08:53 AM

I am originally from Florida. My riding buddies head into the Appalacians every now and then.

I have family up in Cartersville, GA.

Did the Road Atlanta trip from Florida quite a few times in the early 90's during my roadracing days.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 23, 2005 - 10:10 AM

I am originally from Florida. My riding buddies head into the Appalacians every now and then.

I have family up in Cartersville, GA.

Did the Road Atlanta trip from Florida quite a few times in the early 90's during my roadracing days.

The MTNs are a favorite road riding area and the trails up there are not too shabby either...

Road Atlanta is the spot/Mecca for racing of all types especially road racing...I used to race SCCA there - now I just spectate for all the events there - WERA & AMA is crazy fast there..my dad took me there as a kid to watch CAN-AM & TransAM in the late 60s/70s as well as Motocross (I believed they called it Trans AMA /TransAM back in those days) to watch Decoster and the other MXforefathers race up and down the Big hill at 60+mph on the front straight(now is the new pit lane) been hooked ever since....to MX/Road bikes and racecars...

Hey have a great Thanksgiving - pm me when you come to GA - I will show you some fun ass MX tracks to ride

• NOMADAK

Posted November 23, 2005 - 02:27 PM

pm me when you come to GA - I will show you some fun ass MX tracks to ride

That's what I was looking for!
:applause:

I always loved going to Road A. I love how they used the natural topography to lay the pavement down on. It is such a flowing course.

Never got to see a MX race there, some of my old AHRMA pals used to talk about the Trans AM races there.

Have you ever been to Sucches, GA? Home of the dragon? I keep telling my road going pals up here about it, they drool over the description. We'll make the trek with our sport bikes one day.

• BIGBLUEKNIGHT

Posted November 23, 2005 - 02:31 PM

just checked the yamaha site 739 out front 756 out back

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.