need help of resque clip

4 replies to this topic
  • tshe1

Posted November 22, 2005 - 12:07 PM

while installing the cams and the timing chain, the clip of the cam (clip that locating the bearing of the cam in the camshaft cap) fell into the crank, under the sprocket of timing chain and crank.
I'm scared to death. how can i get it out?
I've try with small magnet but their is no enough space their.
i just finished to install the head, can it help to remove it again and the chain slider?
can i use the head gasket again? (just finished to tighten the head, the engine didn't run yet).
can it help to tilt the bike and try to bring it out while the bike tilting?
how far it takes to insure that the clip can come out? (how far with parting:remove the rotor...??)

• StreetbikePimp

Posted November 22, 2005 - 02:36 PM

Take off the side cover on the timeing chain side. Your clip should be in that side of the case some where. You might have to remove the flywheel....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted November 22, 2005 - 09:03 PM

Take off the side cover on the timeing chain side. Your clip should be in that side of the case some where. You might have to remove the flywheel....

yes, my guess was that it should remove.
according to the manual the cover,flywheel,and magneto have to be remove.
what it takes to remove those parts? (do i really need special tools).
is it difficult to assembly them back?

• tshe1

Posted November 23, 2005 - 10:03 PM

got the side cover off to part the rotor and stator.
i was Lucky, get off the cover and see the clip in small gap between the rotor and stator.
pull it easy with the magnet. end of story, Lucky me.

• Birdie426

Posted November 23, 2005 - 10:07 PM

Need a flywheel puller...about 20 bucks from motion pro. An impact gun is nice to have as well, but not necessary

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.