Boots

9 replies to this topic
  • TW

Posted August 28, 2001 - 09:22 PM

Recently I bought a pair of Acerbis Sphere boots, a very quality boot but there a little too small for me. A local dealer will sell me Tech 8's for $260.00, Tech 6 or M6's for $200.00 in stock now instead of ordering. Looking for opinions, I'm leaning towards the M6's.

Also will make one hell of a deal on the Acerbis boots, size 42euro or 8 1/2 to 9 U.S.. Two rides on these boots, barely starting to break in like new. Email me if your interested or want some pics........TW

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• Ron_S

Posted September 01, 2001 - 03:33 AM

Check out the SISI boots. Most comfortable i've found, no break in necessary.

• vincegatcore.com

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:23 AM

I think he means SIDI
sidi boots are the best boot I have ever owned.
If you do not want all that platic on your boots
they make a trials boot (it used to be called a trialzero but they have a new name for it DISCOVERY)

own a pair of those and find them protective enough for me and I can walk in them a little better than the tae-flex.

check out sidi boots at
http://www.motonatio...m/trialzero.cfm

• vincegatcore.com

Posted September 01, 2001 - 04:26 AM

they also have great deals on certain sizes
http://www.motonatio...killerprice.cfm

• imported_Scott_H

Posted September 01, 2001 - 05:46 PM

TW,

I bought a pair fo tech 8s from Clark Mason last year. They are the best dang boots I've ever owned!

PS I'm still using your baja designs kit!

Cheers,
Scott

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_S

Posted September 02, 2001 - 03:07 AM

Originally posted by vincegatcore.com:
I think he means SIDI
sidi boots are the best boot I have ever owned.
If you do not want all that platic on your boots
they make a trials boot (it used to be called a trialzero but they have a new name for it DISCOVERY)

own a pair of those and find them protective enough for me and I can walk in them a little better than the tae-flex.

check out sidi boots at
http://www.motonatio...m/trialzero.cfm

• Ron_S

Posted September 02, 2001 - 03:08 AM

Man my typing fingers are out of control. Yes I mean Sidi.Thanks Vince

• WR400inOZ

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:44 PM

I recently embarked on the new Boot thing myself, looking at the different brands etc... I loved the look of the Alpine Stars (Tech 8's ow whatever they were) but when I tried them on I could hardly walk in them! To be honest they felt more like Snow Skiing boots.

I ended up with the Gaerne's (forget which model) but their high end one. They felt very comfortable and had quality clips (metal) and a quality finish on them. The Sidi's had a Gel kinda thing happening but the dealer did'nt speak too high of them as they seemed to have a lot of returns.

Anyway each to their own I guess. But all I know is that its something you don't won't to skimp on.

• TW

Posted September 03, 2001 - 05:05 PM

Yep Scott, I remembered who I gave a great deal to :), hope it worked out.

I went ahead and purchased the M6's and couldn't be more pleased. It was a hard choice between the 8's and M6 but I decided to go with a little less plastic. The boots after a few day's are great, were comfortable right from the go.

p.s. will make a great deal on the Acerbis boots I steal have, they were just a little too small, as new condition, email me for info.........TW

• WRFUN

Posted September 03, 2001 - 06:39 PM

TW,

I too bought the M6 and as you said comfortable from the word go. No break in time. Good luck :)

Pete

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.