brake lights on xr

8 replies to this topic
  • xr-jorger

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:59 PM

any one have this on thier bike, how does it perform well, my lights broke so Im lookin to replace with this, thanks

• xrdad

Posted November 21, 2005 - 09:48 PM

I have one on my 2000 XR650R, and it works great! Only complaint I've heard about them is that the are kinda small, and therefore hard to see during daytime riding, compared to the larger red tail lights available.

Ted K.

• creeky

Posted November 22, 2005 - 08:25 AM

Check these guys out too for dual sport parts:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 22, 2005 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image

I got one of these for 20 bucks. Works good. Its got a tiny little clear spot on the end of it that lights up the license plate too...

Took him about 8 days to ship it. They guy only lives 35 miles from me...I coulda just gone over there and got it.... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr-jorger

Posted November 22, 2005 - 04:23 PM

Check these guys out too for dual sport parts:

It was all bike help :applause:

Hey shawn_mc where did you get that light ? ebay?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 22, 2005 - 09:45 PM

• snaggletooth

Posted November 23, 2005 - 09:31 AM

I did the cheap version of what Shawn Mc has. I just mounted a two way light socket under the stock fender light lens. It took a little trial and error to get it from blowing bulbs every so often. I had to stop it from shaking and banging against the lens. Plus it needed to be adjusted so it would not melt the lens. The bulb gets hot and needs a little air space between the lens. All Is good now, I have many hard off road miles and no blown bulbs.

If I was to do it over again I would just buy the one Shawn Mc uses. Some day my home made unit will get another broken lens from a good crash (as once before). I will replace it with Shawn Mc's unit. It look's way cleaner than the (more shock resistant) LED set up. I made a simple bracket that holds the lic plate at a better looking angle than the LED unit will provide.

PS. To prolong bulb life and to be stealth when sneaking off closed trails at dusk, I installed a togle switch to interupt the ground so I can black out the rear light. I also unpluged the small bulb in the head light that is always on. When I'm ready to hit the street I just flip the togle and select the low beam and I'm good to go.

• creeky

Posted November 23, 2005 - 12:38 PM

Sorry about the link in my previous post, :applause: minor brain f**t. Here's the correct link:

• bazza660

Posted November 23, 2005 - 03:14 PM

Hi guys
i have just joined

Hello from Scotland

i used a 14 LED brake light and converted it to work as side/stop,its very bright and very neat,it cost about £2.00 to purchase and convert.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.