Yz450 Tank And Rad Shroud On A 426

8 replies to this topic
  • Shwantz34

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:50 PM

HI ! Does somebody knows if you can fit a YZ-450 tank and radiator shroud on a YZ-426 00 . Does the seat fit , does the rad shroud fit on the rad etc. Please let me know if somebody have already done that.

Also do you know if a compagny sel a graphic kit for black yz. All the kit that i have seen Have some kind of blue or yellow color in it . I don't anderstand why they do black plastic if you can't have the graphic to fit it.

• Satch0922

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:56 PM

none of it fits....unless you modify the bike.

• Satch0922

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:57 PM

Read this thread......

450 Plastic on a 426

• XriderR00

Posted November 22, 2005 - 09:25 AM

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx

there are your black graphics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shwantz34

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:10 PM

Thank's ! I have already seen them, but again they have the foo... blue trim and they fit Yz450 and not the 426. Right now i'm considering 2 option . Transform it in to a 450 looking bike or change the color of my 426 whith a black plastic kit including the tank and i will paint the frame silver or black.I'm sick of all those blue Yamaha.But the problem is i don't have seen a good looking graphic kit witout blue or even worse yellow grafic.The only one is the BBR red silver whitch is one looking good, but i will prefer something like the enjoy factory kit if they don't have the blue contour.If you have seen something please let me know.

• Shwantz34

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Tank's a lot its very interesting . I reed your thread and you answer about every question. You have the kind of result i want to achieve.Just to make sure i don't mist something the radiator are the stock 426? And if yes the shroud bolt at the same place ? ( i know i have to trim the shroud like you mention). Please let me know

• Satch0922

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:34 PM

the radiators are stock...BUT you have to shave the inside of the 450 shrouds to get the to fit. Nothing difficult and you will easily figure it out if you have all the parts there.

• Shwantz34

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:59 PM

thank's. for your help

• friday

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:18 PM

next time do search this topic has been done many times

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.