Dammed Dunlop! 756 RR's

30 replies to this topic
  • RCannon

Posted November 21, 2005 - 05:04 PM

I know they have several of us hooked on this front tire. The tire flat out works well in all conditions. In loamy Ground it is nothing short of wonderful.

They have discontinued it. I would switch brands, but nothing holds a candle to the 756 rr. The tire even lasted a reasonable amount of time.

I have one left. Maybe I will send it back to them with a note..."CRAM THIS, YOU a-Holes!"

• YZLEE

Posted November 21, 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well geeze!!! Let's get excited about this! :applause: :ride: I've got a Michelin starcross front and it seems to work well. Maybe try that?

• 642MX

Posted November 21, 2005 - 05:26 PM

Try some 952's. I used to buy 756's too, but these work as well and last 10 times as long.

• trainwreck117

Posted November 21, 2005 - 05:33 PM

what about the 742f I thought it was built to go with a 756 rear?

• Wyatt

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:02 PM

I hope you mean they just discontinued the 756RR and not the 756.

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:12 PM

Ride with the stocker for a while, then anything you switch to will grip like magic. It's all relative... :applause:

• BobbySands

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:35 PM

Ride with the stocker for a while, then anything you switch to will grip like magic. It's all relative... :applause:

this is too true. that stock tire, especially the front, is horrid. makes me shiver to think about it, especially in the loose sand.

i ride a S-12 and it's great in the sand.

loam, what's loam? i've heard all about it, never seen it. here's it's all sand with some black dirt here and there.

• BobbySands

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:38 PM

this is too true. that stock tire, especially the front, is horrid. makes me shiver to think about it, especially in the loose sand.

i ride ab S-12 and it's great in the sand.

loam, what's loam? i've heard all about it, never seen it. here's it's all sand with some black dirt here and there.

• skthom2320

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:39 PM

Yes, I'm hooked on these tires too!

The story that I heard is that the RR is just out of production for the year. They will be doing a new production for next year with a revised (for the better) RR tire.

• RCannon

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate it. I will try a 952 and maybe a michelin.

Maybe I will ebay this last rr I have and see what happens. Its sort of like looking at the last condom in the package late sunday night. Sure you can use it, but then the fun is over.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted November 22, 2005 - 07:04 AM

Thanks for letting me vent. I appreciate it. I will try a 952 and maybe a michelin.

Maybe I will ebay this last rr I have and see what happens. Its sort of like looking at the last condom in the package late sunday night. Sure you can use it, but then the fun is over.

Michelin MS3 Starcross BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SCIENCE

Posted November 22, 2005 - 07:29 AM

I know they have several of us hooked on this front tire. The tire flat out works well in all conditions. In loamy Ground it is nothing short of wonderful.

They have discontinued it. I would switch brands, but nothing holds a candle to the 756 rr. The tire even lasted a reasonable amount of time.

I have one left. Maybe I will send it back to them with a note..."CRAM THIS, YOU a-Holes!"

All is not lost. I heard from a Tucker-Rocky rep that the 756RR will be back in the springtime. New & Improved! Like you, I prefer these tires over all others, especially in front.

• Eddie Sisneros

Posted November 22, 2005 - 07:41 AM

i agree,the RR is the best tire ever made.

• sunhester

Posted November 22, 2005 - 07:42 AM

I called Dunlop. They said they will be back in production in January so I'm just sticking it out w/ some Michelin I currently have on there until January.

Nothing comes close the the 756RR front.

• wannabe_bubba_259

Posted November 22, 2005 - 04:04 PM

How long did a 756 RR front usually last? On what terrain were you riding on?

• 7xmoto

Posted January 03, 2006 - 02:41 PM

Is the Starcross the same as the MH-3?

• stealman

Posted January 03, 2006 - 03:27 PM

so whats the difference between a 756 and a 756 RR?

• Chas_M

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:37 PM

The 756RR has a softer, tackier, more race oriented rubber compound than the standard 756. :applause:

• jeffboyd47m

Posted January 03, 2006 - 05:55 PM

Like you I was hooked on the 756RR but more so the rear. When I went in to Rocky Mountain ATV to buy another set they told me they had no more fronts but they still had some rears that they were discounting because dunlop discontinued them. I was pretty disappointed , But I bought every rear tire that they had ( seventeen of them to be exact) for just 60.00 apiece. Now if I could find some fronts laying in someones warehouse somewhere I would be set for awhile.

• DaveJ

Posted January 03, 2006 - 07:18 PM

I'm a Dunlop guy as well, but lately I've read some good things on the M401F.

Anyone try these on the 21?

Whoops...my correction. The tires I was thinking about are the M401As and M402A, which came stock on the 05 RMZ.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.