Just the fuel screw or a rejet?

3 replies to this topic
  • kawirider

Posted November 21, 2005 - 03:02 PM

Since it has gotten colder, my '03 has started to get some backfire and stalling here and there, and I know it is just running lean, as is my dads WR250F. Just by richening it up by the pilot screw on the bottom of the carburator will that work or do I need to bust the carb open? I am not looking for every last ounce of performance I just want it to act normal. thx for the help
Yes I already did a search.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 21, 2005 - 03:09 PM

For temps below 60 - I would go up 1 on the main. From 165 to 168 or 168 to 170. Take drain plug off bottom of carb to get to it. Then readjust fuel screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kawirider

Posted November 21, 2005 - 04:47 PM

Is the main and the fuel screw the only stuff I need to worry about????

• Fastest1

Posted November 21, 2005 - 05:54 PM

generally, you might also need to adjust the clip on the needle (raising the needle to make it richer). There is no way to guess this stuff, you have to be willing to try it. The fuel screw would be the first thing to try, then the main.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.