need help de- octopusing urgently

1 reply to this topic
  • Airman11783

Posted November 21, 2005 - 10:23 AM

I am very new to this site i see many threads with people who have de-octopused there 99 wr400f's but I cant find any where on the this site on what the procedure is to deoctopus my carb. Its probably my lack of ability on computers and my inexperience on this web site. I cant figure out how to use the archives so can someone just give me a direct respone. On the Wr 400, 426 & 450 section please. I appreciate your help. thank you. since I'm so in experianced with this site if you wnat you can even e-mail me the answere or IM it to me my screen name is mstcobra@aol.com Once again thank you for your time and help.

99 WR400f. YZ throttle stop, air box lid removed, YZ426 stock header and silencer, sky Blue and gray wire mods. YZ rear fender, YZ seat and gas tank, YZ number plate. YZ timed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brettv

Posted November 22, 2005 - 02:50 AM

mate in a nutshell, do this
1. know what the octopus is. - the pipe thing anti/backfire round ink squirting thing
2. undo the bolts that hold it on.
3. pull off all the pipes.
4. pull off the WHOLE thing
5. do up the bolts
6. plug the two holes left from it. make sure they are AIR tight
7. reconnect your hot start to the inlet of the cylinder
8. rejet to suit
it will cause a..... rich condition on the pilot circuit after you close the throttle.. i think
9. put it in a fish tank and feed it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.