Tire breaking down?

7 replies to this topic
  • ghoti

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Anyone ever had a tire carcass break down? When I ride my L on the street it feels like I have a flat back tire. It's a Kenda k270, fairly new. I checked everything I can think of except dismounting the tire, it's better with higher tire pressure, and all suspension settings maxed out. Is there a hidden place where the frame cracks?

• ghoti

Posted November 21, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Or is there another explantion?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 21, 2005 - 10:10 AM

Anyone ever had a tire carcass break down? When I ride my L on the street it feels like I have a flat back tire. It's a Kenda k270, fairly new. I checked everything I can think of except dismounting the tire, it's better with higher tire pressure, and all suspension settings maxed out. Is there a hidden place where the frame cracks?

I think this is a radial characteristic when on a motorcycle. Is it a radial tire? When I went to trials tires on my bikes which, are radial, I noticed the same thing at about 55-60 mph.

• ghoti

Posted November 21, 2005 - 10:30 AM

I think this is a radial characteristic when on a motorcycle. Is it a radial tire? When I went to trials tires on my bikes which, are radial, I noticed the same thing at about 55-60 mph.

Not a radial, 6 ply bias. I'm pretty convinced it's the tire, just looking for some confirmation, or other things it could be.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted November 21, 2005 - 11:54 AM

if the frame was cracked, you would know it. and if u didnt easily spot it by a quick visual look, take the seat and tank off, that would give you a view of the entire frame. but thats prolly not it. what psi are you running?

• ghoti

Posted November 21, 2005 - 01:05 PM

if the frame was cracked, you would know it. and if u didnt easily spot it by a quick visual look, take the seat and tank off, that would give you a view of the entire frame. but thats prolly not it. what psi are you running?

I don't think the frame is cracked, unless it is somewhere up near the swingarm pivot. There isn't any play, in any ditection, front or rear. Tire psi from 15 to 30 in 5 psi increments.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 21, 2005 - 04:30 PM

Its the freakin tire. I put a Kenda on the back of my 83' XL600 back in 85' or 86'. The thing couldnt have sucked any worse. It'd spin in a straight line and pitch me sideways in a corner at anything faster than a basic crawl. I put 32 miles on it and took it off and threw it away and replaced it with a Bridgestone like the one the bike came with. You'd be better off with a freakin knobbie.

Granted, Kenda is almost a completely different company now. And I know guys that really like thier tires...

I need a rear tire for my plated XR. Im dancing around the Cheng Shin 858 but I cant find one in a shop anywhere so I can put my thumbnail in it to see how gooey or dense it is. :applause:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:57 PM

well, u should run it around 22-25 for street use.....15 is pretty damn low.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.