cylinder head wr426 2001

No replies to this topic
  • tshe1

Posted November 21, 2005 - 02:42 AM

while rebuilding the cylinder head, during problem that i had with the decomp(see prev thread), i found the reason to the problem: i put the valves in their position and checking the valve lifters. in the right exhaust valve, that the decomp is manipulate, the valve lifter didn't fit smoothly as it should, i can put it inside with force. after checkink this lifter with the other (insert smoothly), my conclusion was that during excessive heat of the head by the dented header that distorted the bore that the lifter comes into.
i polish the bore gently with sendpaper 600 mesh and smooth it with mesh 1000. (maybee remove 0.1 mm of).
the lifter is now coming smoothly inside.
for the dented pipe, i treat it with the freezing method that mention here and you can see the results with the pics at my garage. :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.