Taillight w/clear cutout?

12 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:15 PM

Does anyone know of an after market taillight lens that will fit the factory fender that has a small clear piece made into it? I need it for a license plate light.

Also, can anyone recommend a license plate holder other than the one that 4 stroke only sells.

• Just034

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:36 PM

Use the dremil

• TARFELE

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:12 AM

I was trying not to do that

• bg10459

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:24 AM

Without cutting a hole in the fender, I don't see how the clear lens would have any effect, unless you're looking for something that mounts under the fender. I would just buy a new YZ fender for $25, cut a hole and add an aftermarket tail light. Now your stocker will be left in great condition.

• Motone82

Posted November 21, 2005 - 08:34 PM

I have the one that 4strokes only sells. I will sell it for 5 bucks plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

• Farmer Hank

Posted November 22, 2005 - 03:31 AM

Scotts performance (steering dampers) sells a license plate holder that attaches neatly to the three tail light bolts. There are illuminated license plate bolts available called LiteNBoltz, made by DEI. I got mine from summit racing. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:33 AM

Farmer, are those LiteNBolts pretty sturdy? I see alot of custom car builders use them to light up stuff.

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:20 AM

I too use the Scotts under fender plate mount plus I also use the litebolts. I have had them on my WR 450 since February of 03 (over 4000 miles) and they are holding up quite well. They are LEDs so they will work longer and brighter than a regular light bulb. The way that they are designed it would be almost impossible to break one!!!!!!
Jim

• Farmer Hank

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:53 AM

Tarfele
The LiteNBoltz seem really rugged. The electrical wires seem to have pretty thin insulation. I used heat shrink tubing to protect the wires.

• TARFELE

Posted November 22, 2005 - 11:44 AM

The LitenBoltz will be ordered this evening.

• TARFELE

Posted November 22, 2005 - 04:05 PM

Motone82, I sent you a PM

• WR450F_RDR

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:09 PM

I purchased mine here, it has been very sturdy with no flex.

http://www.tnrdesign...motorcycles.htm

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 22, 2005 - 05:29 PM

Or, you could do something like this:

http://www.farplaces...t/taglight2.jpg

Go here for more info:

http://www.farplaces.com/dual.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.