crf250X...Clutch problem...odd

10 replies to this topic
  • mxrider99

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:15 PM

yes, my problem is very odd. First off the bike runs great always and i dont have any troubles w/ shifting...but when pushing the bike around in the garage in gear w/ the clutch in, the rear wheel locks up as if it was still in gear . is this normal for the "X"? and is it something i should check out? :applause: Thanks for any help

• KevinMcGrath

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:19 PM

No, that's not normal. Check for warped plates and check the clutch basket for groves worn-in where the plates mesh.

• bushbashing_thumper

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:37 PM

the clutch maybe warn out and when you are moving slowly you notice it and you dont notice it when you are riding becasue you are moving faster and the bike motor is pushing not you. or you might need to tighten the cable lol i am sure you can tighten the clutch cable. Just me 2 cents
Good luck
:applause:

• desertrider89

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:00 PM

I have a very similar problem. On my 04 CRF250R...in any gear wiht the clutch pulled in...the bike is hard to roll...the wheel moves, but only if a really push hard towards where im going. I swear it makes me mad....but hey...any suggestions about what the problem is.

• wheelchaser

Posted November 21, 2005 - 01:32 AM

When the bike is cold this is normal. Untill warmup there isn't any oil between the clutch disks hence no slippy. If your bike does this after warmup then you have a problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Always_Ride_Red

Posted November 21, 2005 - 08:43 AM

i am having the same problem with my 04 250x! ill be trying to get it out of my garage and its almost impossible when you have to back it out between a wall and jet skis! its NOT always in gear when this happens! it does it in neutral. it also has a similar problem while riding! ill be in the trails and ill stop to wait for my dad and it will slowly die on me like as if the clutch is not pulled but i know it is because i go from using two fingers on it to using all my fingers when i stop! i dont know if it is a problem that happens when you use the ajustable clutch on the perch or if the cable is to short and wont pull the plates apart. keep in mind im only 15 so this may not mean anything. i KNOW that the problem with it dying when i stop is not from not pulling the clutch all the way in. also... can anyone tell me why when im throttle jockying the bike it dies? thanks for the help!

• Superinstaller1

Posted November 21, 2005 - 09:12 AM

mine JUST started to do the same thing I think i used the wrong oil. I just checked mine and it does roll fine in neturel! are you sure its in neutral? mine is hard to find when not running. the clutch should not be in the loop when in neutral that would be bad! im going tobuy some tranny oil now . good luck!

• mxrider99

Posted November 21, 2005 - 04:32 PM

thanks a bunch for all your help...i will try it out this weekend when its warmed up...i dont think the clutch is worn out it is a late 05 w/ not many hours on it sooo......ya same here mine rolls fine in nuetral...thanks again!!!

• SDK_CRFX_RIDER

Posted December 16, 2006 - 03:23 PM

This may be caused by your oil. One day I put 10-40 Penzoil in my trany and went to the bike the day after to ride, but it would not move in gear. It only moved when it was good and warm. So I pulled the clutch apart to see if it was warped plates or somthing like that. But found everything to be looking like new still. As I put all the clutch plates, and friction disks back in I wiped the oil off of them. When the bike was back together I tryed pushing the bike in gear again and it seemed to move quite a bit better. Then I put in some 10-40 Honda oil in instead of the Penzoil, and nothing was sticking anymore. It must be different additives to the oil that make some oils more sticky than others. If anyone else has this problem you should try the Honda oil.

• yamirider5588

Posted December 16, 2006 - 03:45 PM

Try this : after you are done riding , slip it into 1st . Rock the bike back and forth with the clutch pulled in . This will ensure that the clutch is disengaged . Slip into neutral until the next ride . :thumbsup:

I know I'm from another forum , but we have the same problem over there .

• mxrider99

Posted December 16, 2006 - 06:13 PM

holy crap someone dug this up from a long long time ago...haha anyways yeah i came to the conclusion that it is because its cold

i tried pushing it around when warm and in gear (w/ clutch in) and it rolls fine.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Help needed...CRF250X 2004 wiring Aussie model by sandy450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • 6 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF250X 2013 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF250X 2013
  • * * * * -
  • 1 review
  • Last review by UncleKnobbly
  • On October 07, 2014
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

what should i buy? 230f or 250x? by offroad circus

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250X
  • Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  260 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.