NCY guys saying you can plate it!

3 replies to this topic
  • dyaled

Posted November 20, 2005 - 07:17 PM

Been speaking with the NCY sales guys (So. Cal. dealer) and they keep saying that after purchasing a WR and baja kit,then having their mech. sign off on the DMV DOT paperwork I can get a CA plate.
Too good to be true...or....a good sales tatic??

• Bamster

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:21 AM

In Canada we don't even have to put a kit on the WR when purchased new.
You can walk right in to the DMV with the bill of sale and get a street plate.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • av8shunmeckaneck

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:05 AM

Been speaking with the NCY sales guys (So. Cal. dealer) and they keep saying that after purchasing a WR and baja kit,then having their mech. sign off on the DMV DOT paperwork I can get a CA plate.
Too good to be true...or....a good sales tatic??

As of last year, any bike that is red stickered or green stickered can never be street legalled unless it was already street legalled before the bill passed. I looked into doing my 03 WR450 but I checked into it too late. Unless they repeal the law then it's too late to street legal any bike in California unless it comes from the manufacturer that way.

• byggd

Posted November 21, 2005 - 08:03 AM

Do a search. MANY TT'ers have gotten their 05 wr450s plated. I believe it has something to do with the eighth charactor of the VIN not being a 3 or C and knowing a law enforcement office who will sign it off. There is a guy on e-bay who is buying 06 XR650s, putting a kit on and selling them plated for big bank, so it can be done. Check with Dale at Trick Dual Sport.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.