engine probs??...02 yz426f

5 replies to this topic
  • norcalmoto

Posted November 20, 2005 - 06:55 PM

I recently bought an 02 yz426f... it ran perfectly for weeks. However, on day i figured id take a ride and it wouldnt start. I finally got it to start with the choke pulled ( sputtering ), when i pushed the choke back in it died immediatley. What is causing this and what can i do to fix it???

• Emiliano

Posted November 20, 2005 - 07:08 PM

I think first thing you have to do is a good carb cleaning, have you ever done it?

• lumpy790

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:34 PM

Change the plug 1st. My 400 did that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MTRSPORTDAN

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:43 PM

Replace your gas. And make sure you use premium.

• Florida_426

Posted November 21, 2005 - 07:31 AM

NCM,
I had the same exact symptoms in summer 2003 with my '02 426. My problem turned out to be the neophrene gasket between the iintake bell and the carburetor body. It was not installed properly by me after cleaning the carb. A small section was out of the groove it should be placed in and got sucked out of place completely. Replaced the part and no problems since. I hope this helps out.

Bill

• norcalmoto

Posted November 23, 2005 - 08:11 PM

Thanks guys, however it is still not running properly. I changed the plug, and cleaned the carb, and managed to get it started, but soon after started, it over heats and flames shoot out of the pipe, it has also boiled over once too. if you have anymore help, please let me know. THANKS.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.